not working after upgrade to windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not working after upgrade to windows 10

Need help here as something has going wrong. I was using 9159 with no problem for a long time under windows 7x64, but it fails to even start up after I upgraded to windows 10 just last week. I then downloaded 9219 but the same problem, nothing shows up when executed.

This is a development system with vs2005, vs2008 and vs2010 but there was no problem before and windbg was not running.

The event log shows a "second chance exception 0x0000005" error so I started up windbg and analyzed the dump file and it simply says that dvdfab wrote to address 0x0000000 so there is a null pointer problem somewhere in the code I am guessing.

Possibly something in the windows 10 sdk environment is trapping the error and if so, I do not know how to disable it.

I attempted to turn off "data protection" for dvdfab.exe but the dialog box refused to allow me to turn it off. I was thinking that was the problem.

Anyway, I do have dvdfab9 installed on another windows 7 system so I am not stuck but I would like to know if anyone else has the problem or if anyone can make a suggestion.

TIA.

I have not heard of this particular problem, but there have been many quirky problems for some users with Win10. One of our Moderators abandoned 10 not because of problems with DVDFab but with other software (went back to 7 Pro). There have been some changes since the older version you were using that make it essentially useless, so stick with v9.2.1.9. There will be an another update out fairly soon I believe.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Was unable to edit my post so I had to reply to myself:

I have dvdfab running fine on an Eeepc with windows 10x32 so I assume the problem is related to having development tools such as visual studio and the associated SDKs as well as the latest powershell. What I don't know is why I didn't have a problem before upgrading to 10x64.

I suspect that the powershell error handler is trapping an error that would normally be ignored as I have seen this before when 7-zip was given an improper argument: The app that shelled out 7-zip crashed on my development system but ran fine on another as no error code was returned by 7-zip. If there is something like this happening then why didn't it happen before I upgraded to windows 10?

this is just a guess, there could be other problems obviously.
      Last edited by BeemerBiker; 12-05-2015, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X