If it is not fixed. We check it again.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

I updated. It didn't work. I'm now uninstalling and then installing the new version to see if that works. I'll let you know.
      It would have saved me a lot of time and effort if someone had told me there was a bug in the software and you were working on an update to fix it. I still have not heard from support.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
        when you uninstall dvdfab have you tried this - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...7&postcount=17
        Thanks - I haven't gone to that hidden folder yet - I'll do that next. I'm trying to see if they have a stable version. Wish they would have told me there was an issue on their end.

Comment

Originally posted by Dora View Post
          We fixed a crash issue on 9224.
          It crashed again after uninstall and deleting all folders. It gave me an error message with error log, which I saved but it failed to send for some reason and I can't upload the zipped file to this message. This is very frustrating.

Comment

We fixed a crash issue on 9224.
            Apparently the file generated by the program automatically was too large for my isp. Here is just the error log, I hope.
            Thanks, and Happy New Year!
            Attached Files

Comment

the only other suggestion i can think of is restoring
              your computer back to an earlier time.

Comment

I'm confused here
                2. What is your os?
                Originally posted by PeterDoubt View Post
                2. Win 10, newest iteration
                Pulled from your log 0m 00.79s: Init process: Windows os type is 64bit System Windows 8.
                Originally posted by PeterDoubt View Post
                I'd like to load DVDFab on a different computer and try that.
                Have you tried installing Fab on a different computer and have you installed the latest GPU drivers for you laptop???
                Download the latest official GeForce drivers to enhance your PC gaming experience and run apps faster.

CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                  I'm confused here

Pulled from your log 0m 00.79s: Init process: Windows os type is 64bit System Windows 8.

Have you tried installing Fab on a different computer and have you installed the latest GPU drivers for you laptop???
                  Download the latest official GeForce drivers to enhance your PC gaming experience and run apps faster.

CBR929
                  I'm definitely running Windows 10 Home, version 1511, OS Build 10586.36

That is really odd in the log. And I've updated all the drivers....One of the first things I did.

I just loaded Fab on a Win 7 machine and it is in the process of backing up my copy of Love & Mercy. About half way through the process, but it's well past the crash point. The laptop is a bit flaky and I just got it running again recently. I'll let you know what happens, but I'd really like to get it working on this Win 10 machine, like it was before the update. The other machine I have slated for part of my recording studio.

Thank you so much for your input and any help. Really appreciate it.
                  Happy New Year!!

Comment

Hi PeterDoubt
                    Happy New Year to you too!!!
                    Was windows 10 a clean install or an upgrade from 8?
                    I'm doing a new build soon and doubt that I'll install windows 10, I want an OS not an OS/smartphone
                    I would try reinstalling the GPU drivers just for fun, doesn't take long and definitely rules them out.
                    I would really like to get this figured out but, if you can remember what version you were using before your problems you could send me a pm with your e-mail address and I will sent it to you.
                    CBR929

P.S. Try installing Fab completely on your C:drive without changing any of the paths e.g. D:/Users/Richard/Documents/DVDFab9/Log/
                    Last edited by CBR929; 01-02-2016, 01:40 AM. Reason: added text
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                      Hi PeterDoubt
                      Happy New Year to you too!!!
                      Was windows 10 a clean install or an upgrade from 8?
                      I'm doing a new build soon and doubt that I'll install windows 10, I want an OS not an OS/smartphone
                      I would try reinstalling the GPU drivers just for fun, doesn't take long and definitely rules them out.
                      I would really like to get this figured out but, if you can remember what version you were using before your problems you could send me a pm with your e-mail address and I will sent it to you.
                      CBR929

P.S. Try installing Fab completely on your C:drive without changing any of the paths e.g. D:/Users/Richard/Documents/DVDFab9/Log/

This laptop came with Windows 8.1 and I upgraded to Windows 10 Shortly after it was released. 10 is a huge improvement. 8.1 was the smartphone - 10 went back to the old desktop.
                      As far as GPU drivers - are you suggesting to roll them back? Oh, and I don't change any of my paths during the install, my Documents folder has always been on my D: drive, My C: is an ssd. The old version of Fab worked fine.

I started this on the 20th, and the version I updated from was a 9.1 something.

Thanks again
                      Last edited by CBR929; 01-02-2016, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X