Blu-ray Compression does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Lonewolfen
    Did you update to new driver for nvidia 361.43 ?
    striker2626
    Did you happend same disc mention by Lonewolfen?
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Yes, I did update to the new driver (361.43).

I still have issues but have just been Disabling all GPU codecs. This work around works fine without any issues.

I do question if this is happening because I have an older video card? a 770 Nvidia. Or if it is due to the driver change. I tend to update the day a new driver is released from Nvidia (now they are up to 361.75).

I will again try with the latest beta and let you know how it goes.

Comment

Maze Runner: Scorch Trials Compresses to 45Gb. on Beta 9.2.2.7.

Problem is still not fixed for me.

Comment

try "remove HD audio" see if that works for Compression.

Comment

I just posted this issue in another area, so hopefully it gets put where it belongs. So why would we have to turn off the CUDA feature as it just rocks in terms of speed. Its partly the reason I did my upgrades and now the compression wont work? This really sucks!!!

I also have another question, can the software not detect Cinavia if you are trying to make a copy from an .iso rather than the disk? If I try this it never seems to even recognize Cinavia and goes on to not fix it then it just comes up as a problem in viewing it on DVD Player. Any ideas to get to work while trying to make a copy of an .iso file rather than the disk? Thanks!

Comment

You are right Ford. The CUDA feature rocks! I even upgraded my graphics card some time ago to the 4GB model to take better advantage of CUDA. However, If I'm not sure when it will work or not, I just have reverted to compressing any Blu-rays by turning off the CUDA.

I tried again with the "remove HD audio" enabled. the result was a 34GB file. Better than the full 42GB but I suspect that is because it was just missing the HD audio portion.

Again, by disabling all GPU codecs, It will compress fine. Is this associated with Windows 10? I am using 9.2.2.8 and Nvidia Driver 361.43.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lonewolfen View Post
                I am using 9.2.2.8 and Nvidia Driver 361.43.

Thanks
                How about back roll the older Nvidia Driver?
                If it works fine on older Driver, we can make sure it cause by newer driver 361.43. It does not mater with source.
                User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

The only way I have been able to make it work was to install version 9.2.1.5 and then install NVidia driver version 353.54 and turn off all Cuda and go strictly to software mode.
                  Now I am installing the latest beta of DVDFAB and hopefully this will do the trick and compression schemes shouldn't be an issue for software that is as old as this DVDFAB is, this was a problem in the beginning and the infancy of the software's life.
                  It really seems to me that since we added, Meta files and also Cinavia to the software its presenting huge compression problems and also speed or hardware problems with NVidia hardware and several drivers too!
                  Please tell me that you are fixing these issues as frankly I would rather the software work with CUDA and also manage proper compression when going from BD50 to BD25 rather than have Cinavia work on 5 or 6 titles.

Tell us your fixing it and will go back to old compression schemes in the programming and reintroduce Cinavia into the code somehow!

Comment

Originally posted by Ford View Post
                    The only way I have been able to make it work was to install version 9.2.1.5 and then install NVidia driver version 353.54 and turn off all Cuda and go strictly to software mode.

Tell us your fixing it and will go back to old compression schemes in the programming and reintroduce Cinavia into the code somehow!
                    From my vantage point, nothing is broken (sort-of, see below). I'm running 9.2.3.1 w/ nVidia 337.88. As I have not paid for Cinavia removal, the setting for removing said is also turned off.

I use the CUDA for compression and have no problems. Cinavia has nothing to do with video compression. Even if Cinavia was being removed, as noted, video compression has nothing to do with Cinavia removal.

I pass all audio through untouched.

As for 9.2.3.1. being broken, sort-of... sometimes it gets the compression math wrong and ends up with an output that is larger than a 25 GB disc, so I have to use a previous version to do the compression. Also, for a very long time, DVDFab will not work with a folder structure when compressing, It will always hang when doing the first few files, I have to either use the actual media, or an ISO of the media. I'm running XP 64 bit (yep, the old reliable OS).

Comment

Try the v9.2.3.2 Beta for the BD25 size issue. There is a specific fix for this in the changelog. I can't reproduce the other problem, if you have all CUDA turned off, the nvidia driver number does not matter.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                      X