Martian 4K Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martian 4K Blu-ray

I inserted The Martian 4K Blu-ray US into my LG BD Drive (WH16NS40), and the drive is not able to read the disc, is it because it's a different format?
    Attached Files

Probably, The drive has to specifically say it supports ultra HD, check the specs. on your drive.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 4KBlu-ray View Post
      I inserted The Martian 4K Blu-ray US into my LG BD Drive (WH16NS40), and the drive is not able to read the disc, is it because it's a different format?
      What is the manufacturing date on the drive ?
      Only the very newest ones appear to read the UHD Blu-ray's
      Around 2015.

Comment

October 2014, I even check the firmware and it has the latest firmware. I can't find any BD Drives that will read UHD Blu-ray discs, is UHD Blu-ray and BD-XL the same?

Comment

BDXL and UHD-Blu-ray are not the same, UHD Blu-ray is BD-ROM 4.

There are some firmware updates at LG, have you tried flashing with one of those ?
          However, from what I've read, because yours is from 2014, it simply may not be able to read UHD Blu-rays, no matter what the firmware.

If you do try and flash, you do it at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by 4KBlu-ray View Post
            If you were to have looked at the specs for the drive, you would have discovered that it is Blu-ray/DVD/CD only. It is not an Ultra-HD drive. As far as I cal tell, from my initial UHD-BD search, there are no announced drives. Can't find any 66GB media either.

Comment

I have this disc also, the brick and mortar store where I bought it does not even have a standalone player in stock that will play it. They say new players and drives will be coming in 3-6 weeks.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                I have this disc also, the brick and mortar store where I bought it does not even have a standalone player in stock that will play it. They say new players and drives will be coming in 3-6 weeks.
                Where did you get your disc from, I'm in Canada and still waiting for the official release date when everyone else in the US have theirs 10 times over _ and the machines ?

Comment

Ebay. There are tons of them there.
                  Originally posted by Jeff R 1 View Post
                  Where did you get your disc from, I'm in Canada and still waiting for the official release date when everyone else in the US have theirs 10 times over _ and the machines ?
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

does not support the UHD 4K yet.

Wilson
                    Please post your logs the default location is:
                    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                      Ebay. There are tons of them there.
                      Yeah, I know, but I'm too cheap to pay that much, so I'll wait to the official release date here in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                        does not support the UHD 4K yet.

Wilson
                        And according to this, you never will.
                        That's too bad, I'm not interested in backing things, all I want to do is use MPC-HC.

Tell me this isn't so.

Comment

I purchase at Big Box.

Comment

And according to this, you never will.
                            That's too bad, I'm not interested in backing things, all I want to do is use MPC-HC.

Tell me this isn't so.
                            I could but I do not want to lie to you. There are currently no plans for this and no preliminary work on the to-do list. There is some question whether this will become a viable consumer format.

Comment

Working...
                            X