Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compression from bd50 to bd25

DVDFAB (Not Passkey):
    When compressing a BD50 to BD25 the result is higher than what a BD25 can contain/burn.
    This problem appeared with the last 2 versions.
    When coming back to an old version the compression ratio is correct and can be burned.
    Please moderator move this message to DVDFAB Blu-Ray Copy forum. I made an error.
    Last edited by joseg; 03-02-2016, 04:14 PM.

Done!
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

compressionissue solved

Thank you DVDFAB team. The last Beta fixed the problem.

Comment

So the new Beta fixed the compression problem? I am surprised this is an issue as it feels lately like DVDFAB Blu-ray all in one is taking two steps back for everyone forward. No offense to the programming team but essentially we are experiencing problems that existed several years ago when the program was new and in its infancy. Now we add a few extras like Meta files and Cinavia removal and all hell is breaking loose with compression schemes and also Cuda speed increase in that scheme too.
        I'm about to install the Beta, I hope it works as I really don't like going and using my other software as my front line software, that's the position for DVDFAB only!
        Last edited by CBR929; 03-15-2016, 11:53 PM. Reason: removed other software name

Comment

Hi Ford I have edited your post, please do not mention other software by name this is a DVDFab forum.
          Thanks
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
            Hi Ford I have edited your post, please do not mention other software by name this is a DVDFab forum.
            Thanks
            CBR929
            I apologize for mentioning the unmentionables, I will refrain from that in the future!....although I am a little disappointed that the only response I am getting from anyone associated with DVDFAB is the forum moderator when this problem is really a significant problem!!!!!

Fix it please I really would like to be able to use the updated versions of the software as I too have a couple of Cinavia copies I would like backed up but cant as the compression scheme is failing to operate correctly!!!

Comment

This is the way to get help from the developers: http://www.dvdfab.cn/contact.htm we can't fix it for you here on the forum and all your snarky posts won't change that.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

It should be fixed with v9.2.3.3.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  This is the way to get help from the developers: http://www.dvdfab.cn/contact.htm we can't fix it for you here on the forum and all your snarky posts won't change that.
                  Relax, I was merely trying to post out to them in a open forum to please fix the issue. Although I do say now that It does compress it properly in version 9.2.3.5. but wont accept the CUDA speed scheme to function yet?! Although right now I am just happy the latest version actually works with my system without totally buggering up and only compressing it to 44GB, etc.

Cheers!

Comment

I just tried the Cuda Version 9.2.3.6 and it would take over 24 hrs to do a 37 gb disk using gt 730 EVGA video card. (which has encoding and decoding capabilities), and using 100% cpu usage and over 2 gb memory in the computer). Now in the past versions, it didn't take over 1 1/2 hrs ...
                    I cancelled the compression after 30 minutes.

With Intel Quick Sync on another computer, cpu usage was less than 25%, and less than 50% ram usage on an I7 with 8 gb memory. Total time to compress 37gb disk to 25GB disk was less than 1 hr.

This is the same movie.

I believe that there is something still wrong and agree with FORD.

Comment

Update!!!

I updated to the latest version of 9.2.3.7. and compression problems are gone. Just encoded MJ2 in 44 minutes from start to finish. I still have an old driver from NVidia installed but it finally works for me!
                      Give it a try to all who had this problem as I did, although I recommend that you do a complete fresh install and allow the CUDA selection to remain as it selects for you. My GTX 770 card is finally encoding and compressing as it should be!
                      Now I will also post if the new version has figured out the new protection scheme in MJ2 where it posts that it is a burned copy or is encoded on a PC when playing the disk in a regular Blu-ray player like I had but I am excited the compression problem is fixed!!!

Cheers!

Comment

Your are right (FORD). The newest release fixed the problem. CPU usage is down from 100% to less than 25%, Memory is down also. Everything is working perfectly. I also have the most recent Video Drivers from Nvidia.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by maonstad View Post
                          Your are right (FORD). The newest release fixed the problem. CPU usage is down from 100% to less than 25%, Memory is down also. Everything is working perfectly. I also have the most recent Video Drivers from Nvidia.

Mark
                          That's great to hear, I am glad to know that I am not the only one!
                          What version of NVidia driver are you using for this?

Thank you,
                          Ford

Comment

Nvidia driver 358.87 on all my computers. It has NVENC, although this program doesn't show that but does show CUDA. I hope that helps.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                            X