This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer re-boot

Trying to copy a blu-ray disk (Blu-ray copy full disk) but computer keeps re-booting in the middle of the read process. I have 2 blu-ray burner drives and it happens on both of them. Just started doing this yesterday. Trying to copy The Big Short. Driving me nuts. Any ideas why this is happening? Anyone else having this problem?

It may be the CPU thermal protection. You might check the heat sync and fan for dust build up and function.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Don't think so

I only have this problem with The Big Short. I copied The 33 with no problem so it must be the disk or some kind of protection on it. I also have a different problem with Steve Jobs. It apparently has Cinavia and I get a read error about one third of the way through the read process and asks me to retry, skip or abort. All three of these movies are Blue-ray disks

Comment

try the latest beta version 9.2.3.2 - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=28881

Comment

I know of no protection scheme that forces a computer reboot
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Strange

I believe you about no such known scheme but it's strange that this only happens with this particular disk. I'm going to try Main Movie only and/or Blurry to DVD and see if that makes a difference. I will advise. Thanks.

Comment

Attach the DVDFab internal log session for one of these reboots, instructions for this are linked in my sig, below.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Re-boot

It finally worked when I did Main Movie only. You are probably right that it is a computer issue but odd that it wouldn't do a full disk copy. Alls well that ends well so thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X