Potential Threat - llDecoder.dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential Threat - llDecoder.dll

I'm using Eset Internet Security 8 and the update is failing because it is flagging the above file as a potential threat. I get the same problem if I download DVDFAB from the download section. 9.2.3.2 BETA is fine.

I also downloaded version 9.2.3.3 and there was no problem with this file or any other file with this update..

Comment

Originally posted by bfwk122 View Post
      I also downloaded version 9.2.3.3 and there was no problem with this file or any other file with this update..
      Are you using ESET security software?

Comment

The file is being flagged as potentially dangerous because it is using the Themida packer. This packer is currently being used by malware to hide themselves. Because of this, there is no way I can put an exception for it unless it is properly signed by the developer.

P.S.: I noticed that DVDFab.exe is using a Sha1 signature. This hasher is currently being phased out by windows as unsafe. This technology has been hacked, therefore ineffective. It really should use something more current. I mention it in this thread since I'm talking about signing llencoder.dll.

Comment

We will sign it in next build, thanks for your feedback.
          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I did find that going back to the 9232 beta is fine with ESET......

So, I guess for those of us that are using ESET the next FAB update will have this addressed.....

Thanks for the quick response.....

Comment

This has been corrected with an updated installer for v9.2.3.3, please re-download and run it.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Let me be the first to report.....

The new download for 9.2.3.3 is no longer being flagged by ESET....

All is good in my world......now back to Monkeying around......LOL

Comment

The file is intermittently flagged as bad by Smartscreen Filter from Windows.
                  Probably best to rename the file as well.

Comment

Yeah I had this problem too, so I just did myself a favour, turn it to trusted and also had to turn of smart screen on IE 11 as it was starting to flag a whole bunch of things I have used for years and not allow installs for some of the stuff that I have used for years and have downloaded to my system for years, etc. I notice that Windows 10 Pro seems to need like any real new OS from Microshaft, to be updated and tweaked to get it to run decently, essentially its like this on every new OS release it seems!

Cheers!

P.S. I will be going with Bitdefender when my Eset runs out, they are really the best in the last couple of years and they have a really small footprint too!

Comment

Working...
                    X