Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Version 9.2.3.3 and Compression problem still!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 9.2.3.3 and Compression problem still!

Hello,

This has been talked about and chatted to death. It still doesn't work, I installed the new version and then updated my NVidia driver to the latest version 364.51 and only enabled the Cuda stuff it recognizes and low and behold it compressed a 48,000,000 .iso to 45,000,000 basically, you get the jist of it!
    Why is this a serious problem now and doesn't appear to be resolved at any level? I mean this used to be a problem when you first started programming DVDFAB, but since the Cinavia thing it just seems that compression doesn't work and I have to install version 9.2.1.5. and some old NVidia driver like 353.21 and turn everything off just to get the compression scheme to work.

Please just fix the compression thing first and foremost, then fix the Cinavia thing! PLEASE IS THIS POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO DO THIS!?! I don't want to be rude and apologize for getting a little excited but this has been going on long enough, I paid for the compression scheme first and foremost, then the ability to remove protection schemes, then Cinavia schemes to be resolved but this isn't the case and for the amount of Cinavia that needs resolving hardly compares to that of the compression needs, wouldn't you all agree?

My poor GTX 770 doesn't get used anymore by my software as I have to turn it off. Now I still have everything installed with all the new versions as I am trying to do the same task mentioned above but with all the hardware compression/Cuda assist turned off to see if that does the trick, if not what do you suggest I do?....reinstall all the old working versions and turn everything off and wait 3+ hours for all compression schemes to work? Please DVDFAB, please advise me as to what I should do as I am at a total loss!

Sincerely,
    Ford

I tried to reproduce your issue and I couldn't. Main movie compressed to 22.2 and full disc to 22.3GB. CUDA enabled & lightning recoding/shrink enabled.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

If this is a Blu-ray problem, post in the Blu-ray Copy forum. I will move your thread. Post again and include the DVDFab internal log session for this disc.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes it did not work even with turning everything off and just using software mode. For whatever reasons it just doesn't work on my system. It almost compressed it to a size that could be then burned to a BD-R but it was just a little to big!
        I know there are others that had problems just like mine, have you managed to rectify the problem(s) with regards to compression with the new version and also updated drivers from NVidia?

I'm going to try the latest driver with the last beta version to see if it works?!

Wish me luck!
        P.S. Thank you for moving the post to its correct place!

Comment

update:

So I reinstalled version 9.2.3.2 beta and tried it with the latest NVidia driver and using CUDA, it compressed my 47GB file to 46GB. So that's a total bust!....so I am now trying it with all HW encoding turned off and software mode only! If this fails to work I will have to install ancient versions of both software just to get a working copy which is ok if I don't run into any problems with protections in the older DVDFAB but eventually I will that's for sure. How about when I need Cinavia to work, what am I going to do?

Please fix this compression problem DVDFAB team!!!!!!

Comment

This should be fixed in v9.2.3.3. Do a full download of the installer from the link here in the forum and try it again. If it still does not work correctly (output too large) attach the DVDFab internal log session from v9.2.3.3.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

@ Ford
              I saw you post a thread said that isnt compressing anything!?.
              Do you still can not compress anything in 9233?

We fixed some compress isuee, sorry your issue still occur..
              Can you post you internal log that has problem?
              Or list some disc, if we have same disc , maybe reproduce it .
              User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
              For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
              For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
              For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Working...
              X