DVD Fab does not install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Fab does not install

I have purchased & been using DVDFab for years.

I am using same Geforce 750ti graphics as before in Windows 10 latest update, but installed new Asus Z170 deluxe board 3 weeks ago. Processor is Intel I7 6700k.
    Since then DVDFab will not install at all.

All other software & in particular graphics related software works and system is otherwise normal with no other error messages.
    I have tried Windows compatibility mode.

On installing DVD fab latest version , with latest geforce drivers , the screen goes black when nearing 100% installation. I have also tried many other Gigabyte or Geforce drivers from 2014 -2016 and some show BSOD ( cannot remember what was listed underneath ) and I have to reboot manually.

SORRY BUT DO NOT USE BLUERAY SOFTWARE BUT NEW THREAD ENDED UP HERE.

If graphics worked before what can be the problem ??
    Last edited by Tweakfiend; 03-21-2016, 04:54 PM.

DVDFab does not install

The attached error has appeared on accessing the exe file from the created folder
    Attached Files

Comment

I have the same card on one of my rigs and no issues, so the problem must be on your end, I am using an Asus Z170 Hero board, and 6700K processor also. Try the installed as an elevated command or just run it as Admin.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Thanks
        However tried all sorts of things including that.
        Looked like a memory error 0x......so had also reset the memory to "Auto"

AS mentioned every other piece of software works .
        Its a bit bizarre.

I am a software tester / system builder .

Comment

Have you tried a clean uninstall including the prefetch folder and scrubbing the registry?
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Cannot do clean uninstall as it did not install correctly & the uninstaller therefore does not see it properly.

Did however remove registry entries , tried 40 times !

Comment

Do a fresh download of the installer and try it again if you used the original one you had.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks but tried current version 3 times downloaded & also old stored versions bac to Nov 15

Comment

The "current version" was replaced early today with a new build.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                  X