This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registration fails

I have been running DVDFAB for a long time with out problems. However, I got a new computer running windows 7. I also upgraded and updated my DVDFab to platinum with Blu-ray. Unfortunately, the registration I was sent did not reset the system and it still says "trial version". Worse, it says blu-ray has expired. I have written for help but no reply. At this point I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a dozen times. It doesn't matter how many times I copy and paste my "new" registration...it doesn't work.

Not sure what to try next....a different program?

Well, you could always do that but what good would that do you?

Also, veiled threats such as this do very little to endear you to the volunteers that put in significant amounts of their time trying to assist other users such as yourself.

I also suggest that "SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND" on this forum, as questions such as yours have been answered innumerable times. Please spend some time helping yourself instead of immediately posting a problem.

That said, I suggest that you read the "Registration Key Problems" in the "Answers to Common Questions" section of this forum as I am pretty sure that it will be something to do with the User Access Control settings in your Win 7 setup.

Follow the steps there and get back to us.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I recently installed v6.2.2.0 on my new Win7 Pro (64bit) laptop. I can tell you that the normal method of putting the key file on the desktop and either double clicking it or right-click opening it with the DVDFab executable file does not work; the key winds up scrambled in DVDFab and is not recognized as a valid key. The only way I could get it to work was to copy and paste manually. Worked fine after that.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Gregiboy,
        Thanks for the lecture. Usually when I buy a product I expect it to work as advertised. I didn't see the part about how I would need to spend hours searching a forum. I also expect a response to my calls for help from the support team. I guess I'm a bad guy for expecting that too. I didn't realize that the only way this product works is through a large team of volunteers. I want to thank you for doing what the company apparently doesn't do. I don't particularly like your tone either. Since when is it wrong to expect a product to work? I have search your forum and everywhere else plus written to the support several times. I guess that isn't enough. I apologize.

Comment

Greigiboy,
          OK, so you were right that there was a place on the forum with information that I hadn't found before. And...in that place you have directions that contradict the official email from DVDFAB and actually work!!!!! So...you are my hero even though I don't think you understand how frustrating something like this can be for someone who doesn't spend their spare time fiddling with programs. Why couldn't you have just recognized my frustration and given me your directions...rather than giving me a hard time? Well, I forgive you because all I ever wanted was for the program to work. Which it does now. So...let's let bygones be bygones.

Thankful,
          Craig

Comment

I wasn't giving you a hard time. If you think that was a hard time, you haven't seen nothing yet.

Where I was coming from is that the information that you required was already posted and that the tone of your post suggested that you did not understand that this is a volunteer forum which I needed to point out.

Now that you understand and that your problem is resolved, let's go forward from here.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              I recently installed v6.2.2.0 on my new Win7 Pro (64bit) laptop. I can tell you that the normal method of putting the key file on the desktop and either double clicking it or right-click opening it with the DVDFab executable file does not work; the key winds up scrambled in DVDFab and is not recognized as a valid key. The only way I could get it to work was to copy and paste manually. Worked fine after that.
              Worked great for me once I told windows to open the attachment with DVDFab.exe It's certainly not auto associated at time of install like it is on XP.

Comment

Hi:
                I also had the same problem. the dvd fab people had me delete the dvdfab folder and the pc setup folder. then had me go to windows and type in prefetch and delete all entries for dvdfab. then they had me install ccleaner and clean all registies fof dvdfab. they also had me uninstall dvdfab 1st before anything else.
                after this then reinstall dvdfab and copy and paste you key in. that worked for me . hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                X