Can't compress Frost/Nixon to BD25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't compress Frost/Nixon to BD25

I've tried several versions of DVDFab but they all get to 9% complete on the compression and DVDFab says it's encountered an error and needs to close. The crash report box never appears. I click OK, then I click Finish and I'm back at the starting screen. I've tried with 9237 and it does the same thing but the log is from 9235. Anyone see anything in the log that may be causing this? It's been happening quite frequently lately with many movies that just don't seem to want to compress to fit onto a BD25. Another was The Goonies that crashed every time when it hit 33%. Thx!
    Attached Files

There seems to be a problem reaching the server from your PC.

0m 04.91s: error curl post: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL
    0m 04.91s: error curl post: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL
    0m 05.17s: connect plugin info : 1:1
    0m 05.49s: Init preview: Begin init preview play engine.
    0m 05.49s: Init preview: Begin init preview play engine(Internal).
    0m 05.54s: Reg check: Connect test successful.
    0m 05.54s: Reg check: Disable ssl connect for test.
    0m 05.55s: error curl post: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL
    0m 05.55s: Reg check: Times of connecting error is: 2
    0m 05.55s: Reg check: Get registration info failed, the return string is:

Could also be a server problem, but I have not experienced it and have not seen posts from others. If you updated to v9.2.3.7 from the internal download button, try a full download from the link in the forum, then install and run it using the As Administrator option. Set you security/antivirus to ignore dvdfab.exe and fabcore.exe.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for all the recommendations ! Unfortunately, I tried all of them and Frost/Nixon still crashes DVDFab around 9%, The Goonies still crashes around 33%. Right now I'm also archiving my Lost series and S4D5 says it worked successfully but the resulting file is 26GB and not 22.4GB and a couple of earlier discs wouldn't compress at all but I forget which ones. I guess some discs just don't compress well.

Comment

Update to version 9.2.3.7 and give it a whirl.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah I already have. All of what I did earlier was with 9237 unfortunately. Oh well, that's what BD50's are for. It just seems to be happening more often as of late but it's probably just coincidence.

Comment

I just went by the log you posted from 9.2.3.5.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X