Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray menus don't work on Dune H1

Hi,

New to DVDFab, using v9.3.0.7 on Windows 7.

Using a Dune H1 for playback the Play (lite) works but trying to load the disk menus does not, the disk intro plays for 2-3 seconds and then jams up. I have tried a both straight copy and also creating a .ISO copy. I have tried a number of titles.

Help would be great!

Originally posted by Oddball View Post
    Hi,

Using a Dune H1 for playback the Play (lite) works but trying to load the disk menus does not, the disk intro plays for 2-3 seconds and then jams up. I have tried a both straight copy and also creating a .ISO copy. I have tried a number of titles.

Help would be great!
    The Dune is a bit too long in the tooth, (and has a wimpy single-core processor), for newer JAVA-laden BD discs. Some will freeze, some will take several minutes to load and some will work fine.

Comment

References to other products deleted, this is irrelevant to the discussion. Pretty sure this is a player issue. If you think it is Fab, you need to attach the DVDFab internal log session from when you made it.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi,

Help would be great!

Suggested you to download DvdFab media player to try playing your new made ISO. There is a full menu starting option. If DvdFab media player gets the same problem as Dune D1, then it is the decryptor problem.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          References to other products deleted, this is irrelevant to the discussion. Pretty sure this is a player issue. If you think it is Fab, you need to attach the DVDFab internal log session from when you made it.
          Hi,

Sorry mentioned the other ripping software to show that it's not the Dune H1 that has an issue. ISO and folder rips work, but not from DVDFab.

I have attached the log files, appreciate the help!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rdgrimes View Post
            The Dune is a bit too long in the tooth, (and has a wimpy single-core processor), for newer JAVA-laden BD discs. Some will freeze, some will take several minutes to load and some will work fine.
            Hey, thanks for the reply. The Dune had no problem at all with any disks until I started using DVDFab this month.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the reply. The Dune had no problem at all with any disks until I started using DVDFab this month.

Hi,

Have you try the other Blu-ray player, e.g. PowerDVD or TMT?

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Perhaps you need to look at your settings in Fab. Use the "clone" mode for creating a folder or ISO. I use that other product for making ISO to play in my Dune and don't have much trouble either.

Comment

I have a Dune H1 and most Blurays work fine when ripped with DVDFab (assuming the BR is supported).

What I have seen is that for some reason with some Fox releases it chokes during the initial 20th century fox fanfare (i.e. it starts to play it and then just cuts out and dies). It seems to be an ok rip as I can play the rip in other programs (say total media theater). It seems specific to how DVDFab is doing the ripping as other ripping programs don't have this issue with these BRs (they have issues with others though, but this isn't the forum for that).

My personal guess is that in modifying the java jar's, something happens that causes the dune to choke in some cases.

Comment

Oh, an example of the above is Atlas Shrugged Part 3. (Also a bunch of the movies in the Mel Brooks Bluray collection). The movies play fine in total media theater, but choke on both my dune h1 and neotv 550 (which are effectively the same playback engine, though the dune h1 might have more bug fixes as still somewhat supported).

Comment

Originally posted by thetoad View Post
                      I have a Dune H1 and most Blurays work fine when ripped with DVDFab (assuming the BR is supported).

What I have seen is that for some reason with some Fox releases it chokes during the initial 20th century fox fanfare (i.e. it starts to play it and then just cuts out and dies). It seems to be an ok rip as I can play the rip in other programs (say total media theater). It seems specific to how DVDFab is doing the ripping as other ripping programs don't have this issue with these BRs (they have issues with others though, but this isn't the forum for that).

My personal guess is that in modifying the java jar's, something happens that causes the dune to choke in some cases.
                      This is what I'm also seeing, Fox movies play a few seconds of the Fox logo and then the whole player freezes. Also Surrogates from Touchstone films also did not work on the Dune but did in TMT.

Most movies will play ok with 'Play (Lite)', but some don't branch correctly and you need to use the full menu to watch them.

Um...DVDFab guys, need some help as I watch my movies on the Dune. As I mentioned earlier other programs never had any issue working with the Dune.

Please help!
                      Last edited by Oddball; 08-06-2016, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Also, I sometimes get an error on the Dune that flashes on the screen when it's trying to load the menu "Cannot proceed I/O error" or something like that.

Have owned the Dune for 4-5 years and have never seen this before using DVDFab...wonder what's up?

Comment

The IO error issue I see with WB blurays and anydvd when ripped to ISO (i.e. something with how it builds the UDF file system). if not ripped to ISO and played as a FS it works fine. so do you see this issue with dvdfab? I've never seen it with it.

Comment

At the moment it seems to work with the H1 unchecking nearly everything in the blu-ray settings and using a disk folder rip.

Comment

Working...
                            X