This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

average speed for compression bluray?

Just wondering what is the average speed of compression for bluray?? I am trying to compress Smokin aces from about 28 gig to 25 gig with gpu acceleration on getting copy speed of: 1.41 MB/s. VERY slow i also tried it with gpu acceleration off and i get same result(1.41 MB/s.). It copies at 13.5 MB/s. without compression on the average(blu-ray), is that normal?? Thanks RiZ

windows 7
    amd athlon 2 x2 235e dual-core
    amd hd4650 graphics card
    6 gig ram
    750 gig H.Dr.
    and buffalo HD/Blu-ray muliti-media optical drive

Thanks

PS- if the Blu-ray movie i am backing up does not need compression it does all tasks including writing to blank BD-R25 in a hour.
    windows experience index= 4.9

I am new to decrypting and ripping of Blu-rays, but have been doing DVD's for years with Fengtao's software(DVDFAB) with GREAT results. Thanks!!
    Last edited by rizzo7883; 01-26-2010, 06:55 PM.

My compression for movies bout the same are 1.9 mb's/sec and 4 to 4.5 hrs.
    Windows xp
    intel dual core
    4 gb ram

Comment

The same scenario 28gb to 25gb would take me about an hour and 15 minutes for compress and burn. I am also running Win 7 with 4GB memory, however, I have a Quad Core Extreme Chip at 3.667 ghz. I really think the quad core is the difference maker when it comes to compression. I also have 2 Geforce 8800's SLI together, but I don't think the video card or cards make a difference. I'll have to check out this GPU acceleration setting. Never even knew it was there. I assume this should make it even faster??

Comment

My new laptop (HP dv8t , i7-Q820M, GT-230M) does the BD9/1080P compression at about 3-5 MB/s, haven't tried the BD to BD compression yet or tweaked anything. The speeds will improve as the GPU acceleration improves with future releases of DVDFab.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

thank you for all the grteat info. i just wanted to know, i am used to how quickley a regular dvd compressed thanks. riz

Comment

i average 2.5-3.5 MB/s when ripping.

my specs are as follow:

processor: intel q6600 @3.2 GHz
            ram: corsair 4GB
            hd: 1krpm raptors 1.5 mb/s in raid 0
            gtx9800 for cuda

if i upgrade to the i7 chip, how much more MB/s can i expect?

if its up to double the performance i will upgrade.
            Last edited by thisizbrian; 02-19-2010, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X