Little House On The Prairie Season 3 Blu Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little House On The Prairie Season 3 Blu Ray

One of the disks in Season 3 reads fine until it get's to about 4% then stops. I was creating an ISO using Clone mode. Not sure if it's protection issue or a faulty disk.

I've attached the DVD FAB Internal log for info.

Appreciate any help,

TIA
    Attached Files

Hi Hourglass94
    Looks like read errors try cleaning the disc even if it looks pristine.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've tried cleaning the disk 2 or three times to no avail. I have two Blu Ray writers in the PC. Both are Pioneers BDR-S09 and BDR 207D and they have the latest firmware installed and they both fail around the same point.

Comment

Try copying the disc with ImgBurn. If you do not have PassKey running, ImgBurn will complain about it being copy protected. Continue anyway, as we are only interested in knowing if another program has the same issue.

Comment

Hi

I tried Imgburn and it failed too.

I've attached the imgburn log for info.

I've heard of other people with a similar issue on a different season of this program which turned out to be a protection issue.

Incidentally I backed up another disk from the same set and it worked perfectly.

Go figure!
          Attached Files

Comment

Well I tried again today.

This time I used Full Disc mode and got to about 30% before failing.

I've attached another log for info
            Attached Files

Comment

The log still shows read errors, but in different places. Clean it again, very gently under running warm water with one or two drops of no-residue hand dishwashing liquid. Rinse well, pat dry with kleenex, blow lint off.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

You can try to scan the disk with the free VSO inspector it can do a stream and surface scan to see if the blu ray is good here's the free link from their web page.http://www.vso-software.fr/products/.../inspector.php

Comment

Thanks for the replies

I cleaned the disk again and used a microfibre cloth to finish off.

I installed VSO inspector and started the scan

In the 1hour 15 minutes it was running It got as far as 4.45% the scan speed had dropped to 0.02. There were numerous errors with the error code 03 11 05 [Read error, L-EC uncorrectable error] and more instances where the sectors required multiple retries.

For another test I took another from the set. I put a light thumb print in the middle of the disk then ran it through disk inspector via the same drive.

It read perfectly in about 30 minutes.

I think that rules out the Blu ray drive failure.

Anything I can try next?

Comment

Hi Hourglass94
                    These are the instructions on how to use VSO inspector on DVDs might be the same for BLU-ray.
                    Play the movie in a soft player like windows media player, as the movie itself is playing pause it but do not exit out of it.
                    Now start VSO Inspector and run a scan of the disc, if you have any errors then you have a bad disc.
                    Hope this helps
                    CBR929
                    PS october262 I have deleted your post as it will not help Hourglass94, those instructions are for burning to disc only.
                    Last edited by CBR929; 08-04-2016, 10:36 PM.
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Seems 3 programs can't read the full disk try main movie from the original blu ray maybe it passes the bad spot if not can you exchange the disk set for a new one? Does the disk play ok maybe it is copy protection.Does anyone reading this have disk 5 season3 of little house of this set to try it to see if theirs works?
                      P.S. Your first log says you were making full disk did you make the cloned iso with Fab?
                      Last edited by 3dman; 08-04-2016, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

I tried the vso inspector after first starting playback in DVD FAB media player after a couple of minutes I paused the playback and ran vso inspector. It failed at 3% with the error code 03 11 05 [Read error, L-EC uncorrectable error].

@3dman
                        Your first log says you were making full disk did you make the cloned iso with Fab?

I was trying to make a cloned ISO from the disk.
                        I've since tried full copy, ripping titles and all fail.

Comment

Working...
                        X