Main Movie Not Asking to Overwrite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main Movie Not Asking to Overwrite

I recently got a Win7 box up and running and just starting to deal with DVDFab10.

I did a main movie and needed to do it again (I did a wrong title selection with the first run) and when I ran it again, DVDFab did not ask if I wanted to overwrite the previous directory, instead it just created a new directory and added "_1" to the end of the directory name.

I tried looking for a setting to turn on overwrite, after asking, but could not find it.

Is there an option for overwriting? If not, there needs to be one, as I do want DVDFab to normally overwrite an existing directory, with permission.

This needs to pertain to any time DVDFab writes any output, no matter with function it is.

I agree, this is annoying. I have sent the development staff a link to your thread. It used to work the way you describe (ask, then overwrite or not)
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I hope it's made an either or option having both has been very handy at times.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

True. That would be a good approach.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          I hope it's made an either or option having both has been very handy at times.
          Yes, having an option where the user sets one of three things:
          1) Never overwrite - always create a new directory.
          2) Always overwrite (could catch someone with their pants down )
          3) Aways ask to not overwrite or to overwrite. (Default)

Comment

Hi all,

This will be improved in the furture version.

Thanks!

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
              This will be improved in the furture version.
              Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X