Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do i choose for playback after ripping to hard drive?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do i choose for playback after ripping to hard drive?

Hi all and thanks for all the great info and also a great product! I have done almost 20 blurays without any issues, now i have saved the last few to my hard dive(because i ran out of BD-R media) and where i saved them om my hard drive(decrypted bluray movies), there is a lot of different folders for each movie yo choose from for playback, it seems the only thing i can choose to play the movie back after i saved to my hard drive is ny selecting the BDMV folder and then the stream folder and then clicking on the M2TS file, but when i do it this way i loose all the chapters?? Am I do it wrong?? what should i be selecting for Playing the movie back after decrypting it and saving to my hard drive?? If i burn it to temp folder and right to another blank bluray with dvdfab hd it works perfect and has the chapters(on the burnt BD-R)....im stumped. hope this makes sense. Many Thanks andyman
    Last edited by rizzo7883; 02-01-2010, 06:25 AM.

You would need to use a software Blu-Ray player and select the parent folder of BDMV (usually the name of the movie). The M2TS file only has the A/V streams in it and the chapter and playback order information is in the other folders. For some software players you would need to convert the directory structure into an ISO and mount it as a drive letter using something like MagicISO.

Comment

OK, That makes sense. Thanks, i do have powerdvd9 ultra and i will try and select the whole movie folder for payback. Now 1 more question, what if I want to burn the blyray movie that i decrypted and saved to my hard drive to a blank BD-R disc what folder would i choose to have movie rip to disc with the chapters in it? i hope this makes sense. thanks for all the help. RiZ

Comment

Originally posted by rizzo7883 View Post
        OK, That makes sense. Thanks, i do have powerdvd9 ultra and i will try and select the whole movie folder for payback. Now 1 more question, what if I want to burn the blyray movie that i decrypted and saved to my hard drive to a blank BD-R disc what folder would i choose to have movie rip to disc with the chapters in it? i hope this makes sense. thanks for all the help. RiZ
        Others would be able to answer more definitively, but I believe it depends on what you are using. If you use DVDFab in write mode then you would select the folder with the movie name. If you are burning directly with ImgBurn then you would select the couple of folders inside that the movie name folder.

Comment

With ImgBurn you select the same folder named your movie, should contain the BDMV and Certificate folders within.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
            With ImgBurn you select the same folder named your movie, should contain the BDMV and Certificate folders within.
            this is what i did and i used img burn(Great Pro.) but when i put the burt disc in my sony bluray player it would not recognize it?? Im at a loss, please help. is there a place with step by step directions for decrypting bluray movie disc and saving to har5d drive, then at a later date write that bluray movie that i saved to hard drive onto a blank BD-R disc?? many thanks, please be patient with me, i am new to the bluray stuff. THANKS RiZ

Comment

make sure Imgburn "filesystem" is set to UDF 2.5 under the options tab.

Comment

thanks i just look at the settings in img burn and it is sewt where you say to have it set,

Comment

what should i be selecting when ImgBurn first opens??
                  "write image file to disc"
                  or
                  "write files/folders to disc"

is there a difference?? many thanks riz

Comment

DVDFab has released a virtual drive for playing ISO files. You can find it here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...newpost&t=3132 It is a freebie.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by rizzo7883 View Post
                      what should i be selecting when ImgBurn first opens??
                      "write image file to disc"
                      or
                      "write files/folders to disc"

is there a difference?? many thanks riz
                      Write Files/Folders To Disc

...and when you burn the disc, burn at a slow speed to prevent any write errors. I use 2x speed, takes about a half hour, but no concern for making coasters.

Comment

Thanks much.

Comment

Working...
                        X