Missing Frames/skipping in Blu-Ray Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Frames/skipping in Blu-Ray Copy

I haven't posted here in awhile. All the copies I've been making have been older ones or without Cinavia. And everything has created successfully.

This week, I decided to do a full copy backup of a Blu-Ray "Jack Reacher Never Go Back" and it said it completed successfully and the ISO disc also said no errors and burned successfully.

Last night, we decided to watch and it won't play right. We are watching about 10m in, and you have to really watch close, but it's like it's skipping a frame in the movie, more noticeable If the characters are moving or vehicles. We watched about 30m then stopped. Just random every few minutes then maybe two or three times in a minute.
    I cleaned the original disc. There were no scratches to begin with. I blew out the blu ray player and my burner. I tried burning a new disc again.
    Same skips at same places.

Anyone having problems with 1 frame skips/hiccups?
    Any ideas to try?

Post the internal log file and the burn log maybe you burned the disk to fast.

Comment

Update to the latest version of DVDFab, it copied fine for me.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well, I updated to the latest software v10.0.5.0 and it didn't help.
        Same thing, it's like there's missing frames.
        Put the original in, it plays fine.
        the copy doesn't play right in 3 diff blu Ray players + my laptop. ☹️
        I also still can't post on my laptop for some reason, only on my iPhone.
        i have the internal log saved on my computer.
        i emailed it to my phone but don't have a way of saving it there to attach to this post.

Im frustrated that I can't post my log.
        Last edited by Hawkgirl70; 08-07-2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I used my husband's laptop and got my internal log over to it.
          Attached is my log.
          Attached Files

Comment

FINALLY!!!! Ran Crap Cleaner and Deleted Cookies, History, and blah blah and can finally log in and post here! Yeah!

Comment

Try turning off (unchecking) lightning recording and check-mark use all software and try again it will be slower.I didn't see a separate burn log from img burn if this doesn't work post the img burn log so we can check for any burn errors and check burn speed. Your burner is a 8x I would try burning at 1/2 the disk rated burn speed.I would also check mark in write settings for img burn preform OPC before burn.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
                Try turning off (unchecking) lightning recording and check-mark use all software and try again it will be slower.I didn't see a separate burn log from img burn if this doesn't work post the img burn log so we can check for any burn errors and check burn speed. Your burner is a 8x I would try burning at 1/2 the disk rated burn speed.I would also check mark in write settings for img burn preform OPC before burn.
                What area or where is "Lightning Recording" and "Use all Software"?

Comment

In Fab settings for a/v codex.

Comment

In Fab settings for a/v codex.
                    Found it! I will try again tomorrow. Do you think this could be the problem?

Comment

Yes also could be a burn problem try turning off lightning recording 1st then if don't work try the other.
                      Last edited by 3dman7; 08-07-2017, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Well, I tried it again with your recommended settings plus burned it at 2x speed and I get the same results.
                        I don't know what else to do.
                        Any other ideas?

Comment

Post your Fab internal log with the all software check marked and lightning recording off.How does the copy play on your computer try it with VLC or Fab media player.If compression problem you can try clone the disk to hard drive then play the cloned non compressed disk on the computer does it now play correct?
                          Last edited by 3dman7; 08-10-2017, 03:14 PM. Reason: Added info.

Comment

Post your Fab internal log with the all software check marked and lightning recording off.How does the copy play on your computer try it with VLC or Fab media player.If compression problem you can try clone the disk to hard drive then play the cloned non compressed disk on the computer does it now play correct?
                            Thank you! More things to try!!! I will have to wait until the weekend to do the cloning. Covered up at work now.

For Blu-Ray Media, I've used the same since I've started backing up, RiData. Never have had an issue. Ever.
                            In fact, I've burned the first Jack Reacher the other night for the heck of it, and it played great!
                            Now, I've never tried playing anything on my Laptop, but I'll do that as well with my last failed burn.
                            I did try it in my other Blu-Ray player and it stuttered/skipped the same as my other player.
                            So, there's that.

Comment

Working...
                            X