Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray Copy issue

Hi All

I've been using dvdfab blu-ray copy to copy disks to my hard drive for manual ripping and re encoding into x265. so i have blu-ray copy set to just copy the disk without re encoding. however last night dvdfab insisted on enabling lightning shrink, cuda acceleration and re encoding 1 disk in a season boxset of 4 disks. even tho these options are disabled in settings and its a bd50 to bd50 1 to 1 copy.

no matter what i do or what settings i change, dvdfab insists on re encoding the copy.

Its never done this before, and i've copied 100's of my own blu ray disks for on demand watching on my pc.

So im confused why this 1 disk is causing issues.

Any help, Info apreciated

Thanks

The disc may have some fake files that make it look larger than it really is. You need to attach the DVDFab internal log session that this disc generates so the developers can take a look at it. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, below this post.

I am moving your thread to the BD Copy forum, don''t post problems or questions in General Chat, it is for discussing sports, weather and other unrelated topics.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok, tried again last night, let it run for 20 minutes, but appeared to be making no further progress.
      Disk contents comes to 27.9 GB so I have no idea why dvdfab is attempting to shrink it.

I've already copied season 1 + disks 1, 2 and 3 of season 2 with no issues or with any other series / disk period.
      I've attached the internal.log so hopefully you can figure out what is going on.

I have recently upgraded my pc with new MB, CPU, MEM - Asus Rampage V Edition 10, I7 6850k overclocked to 4.3Ghz and 64GB Corsair Dom Plat DDR4 if that helps.

Thank You Signals for your assistance and moving this thread to the correct forum.
      Attached Files

Comment

Benjamin, I think it may be a copy protection scheme on that one disc, the studios sometimes do this on box sets or TV series sets. The developers will need to take a look at your log and may need you to upload some of the files from the disc in question. You will be contacted by PM if this is necessary.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok this issue has now cropped up with 3 Blu ray discs from different boxsets, in the last few day's, where i never had any issues in the past, so im wondering if it might be a new bug thats been introduced in a recent update.

Tle lastest disc to present the issue was Doctor Who season 5 special A Christmas Carol. I have ripped this disk before a couple years ago and had no copy issues back then.

I f you need logs / more info, let me know and i will do what i can to help.

Comment

Try the clone mode of copy it will make a 50 gig iso copy.

Comment

yeah, i'm using clone mode as an alternative method of ripping.

Comment

Your log file says different it says you used the full disk mode so on the trouble disk try the clone mode and let us know if that works please.
                0m 38.55s: Work manager: create BD fulldisc work 0 with source 0 and uiinfo 0

Comment

I normally use full disk mode to copy the BD to HD for ripping, However when full disk mode fails, I then use Clone mode which so far has worked fine on all disks where full disk mode failed.
                  The log file above was for a failed full disk copy as that is where the issue lies.

If you would like a log file for a clone copy that worked on a disk where full disk mode failed, I can certainly provide that. let me know.
                  Last edited by BenjaminSisko; 08-25-2017, 06:52 AM.

Comment

No don't need any other logs the clone is just a work around but staff may ask for all the files on the disk zipped except the bdmv files they will contact you like Signals said so they can fix it.

Comment

I would also suggest you update DVDFab to the new v10.0.5.3, it had some protection removal fixes. Let us know the result with that same disc.

Comment

It seems Full Disk copy mode is actually not crashing or stalling, but is in fact actually Re Encoding the disk, which takes significantly longer to process than simply copying the contents from BD to HDD.
                        The issue is i have CUDA Acceleration and Lightning Shrink disabled (unchecked) in settings and am copying a BD50 to A BD50, so it should not be Re Encoding the .m2ts files but copying them.

I have been contacted by the Developers and am currently putting together the info they have requested.

Will let you know how things progress.

Thank You very much for your help.

Comment

Ok I did a full disk copy and let dvdfab run, disk was re-encoded from 42 GB blu ray to 195 GB iso file on HDD lol.
                          I have emailed the requested info to the developers, however the attached log files were rejected by email server / client / microsoft so have attached them here for the developers to retrieve.

And I have updated to v10.0.5.3 before above test.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X