Preview broken or not robust enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview broken or not robust enough?

Unaccountably, preview is not working on two blue ray disks. I wanted the directors cut of Aliens (yes, been out a while but I just bought it). There are 4 titles: extended:850,851; theatrical: 800,801. I was unable to preview any title. 10.0.5.2 locked up and I had to use win10 task manager to terminate the program on any title preview attempt. Same for Edge of tomorrow, it had only theatrical but totally locked up requiring DVDFab termination. Title 850 did rip and play just fine, but the preview of it didn't work. The preview dialog box pops up but the controls are grayed and no matter how long I wait the panel never becomes active. There is no "not responding" windows message nor does the event viewer show any problem but it never responds and I have to terminate it with the task manager.

The disk ALIENS was new, no blemishes or scratches but I could not make a 50gb full disk copy (iso or bd-r burn). After about 2 hours I still had 9 hours of time remaining with no change in progress. A 32gb main movie iso did work just fine for me.

My full disk copy of Edge of Tomorrow popped up a warning about a BD Live invalid certificate when i put it in my X-BOX, but it played fine after I clicked on continue. I had never seen this type of working before. I assume this is normal for a backup copy.

[EDIT] i did not see anyone else having a problem with this feature. Maybe something I am doing wrong.
    Last edited by BeemerBiker; 08-17-2017, 04:10 PM.

Hi Beemer, which Preview type do you have selected in Common Settings? Try the Internal if it is not already set for that.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks, that fixed it! Not sure why direct show failed to work. I even enabled that DX accelerator but only the internal viewer worked.

Comment

Working...
      X