Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impossible to copy some BluRay Disk and detection is very slow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impossible to copy some BluRay Disk and detection is very slow...

Is there any resolution on here? The version is now 10.5.5 and I'm still with the same issue, it is not possible to copy some BR disks (Example: Hercule Poirot collection, 13 seasons).

Using option "Main Movie" (Full copy has the same issue). It takes 15 minutes to be detected by DVDFab 10 for each BluRay! After scan/detection, nothing happens...

If I did the same operation with DVDFab 9, it works fine but DVDFab Movie Server can not read the iso file (did from DVDFab 9) ...

YM
    Last edited by ymartin; 09-03-2017, 10:06 PM.
    Yves,
    YMartin.com

Start dvdfab 10, Click on the arrow in the upper right hand corner of the dvdfab interface Go into common settings and click on the factory default button In the lower left corner of the screen, restart dvdfab and try your disc's again.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks, but this does not work. After several tests being patient, I've discovered it takes 15 minutes to discover the disk and another 15 minutes exactly to start the process! And this happens only with theses Blu Ray disks (Agatha Christie's collection, "Hercule Poirot" season 1 to 13). With other blu Ray I have no problem at all. Is it a bug?

YM
      Yves,
      YMartin.com

Comment

Some discs may take longer to open depending on how the disc
        was authored. Post the dvdfab internal log files for faster help.

Comment

Why "DVDFab 10" takes 30 minutes to recognized a Disk and "DVDFab 9" just a couple of minutes for the same disk?

How to get the logs?

YM
          Yves,
          YMartin.com

Comment

Instructions for the logs are linked in my sig, below.

TV discs take longer to open since there is no main title, just several that are almost the same length, so DVDFab has to scan them all.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Where is your sig?
              Yves,
              YMartin.com

Comment

YM,
                It is at the bottom of all my posts, on the left side. Here is the same link: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5 I have the US version of the Poirot collection and will try it also.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

UPDATE: I have uploaded the MetaInfo for S1 D1 of this series, it now opens and begins copying in about 58 seconds for me, please try it and share the results.

Comment

I believe I was able to ripe Poirot (all 13 seasons correctly, but now have to go and check), but this is a common problem with the acorn media / pbs released versions of british TV shows, I've posted about it a number of times.

Comment

Happy (if I can say so) it is a known issue and surprised DVDFab did nothing!

I do not rip it, just copy it but it seems the same issue. It takes exactly 2 x 15 minutes for every disk, 15 minutes to be discovered and another 15 minutes to start the process... In fact, the copy is faster than this discovery/start issue! But, if you use DVDFab 9, there is no problem. I suspect a kind of protection in DVDFab 10 not well tuned... but this is just a feeling.

Yves,
                      YMARTIN.com
                      Yves,
                      YMartin.com

Comment

Please clarify whether S1D1 is still slow to open.

Comment

signals: you can see from the log files I've posted in the past, what the problem are. This isn't as bad as what ymartin is reporting, but can see the big gap

from a log I posted for grantchester season 3

0m 10.80s: Get BluPathData and RRdata
                          2m 36.43s: blupath first run: region A, unknown playlist
                          2m 36.60s: Get BluPathData and RRdata
                          2m 39.54s: Java protection is removed by StealthyClone anti-protection.

Whats worse, is that even when it finishes this and the "working" "cylon" bar disappears, the whole app hangs for an extended period of time before it populates the screen and one can start the job.

and then it repeats both of these blocking actions when you actually go to copy the disc.

Comment

Working...
                          X