Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip to MKV (same as source) plays not fluidly

Hi,

When I rip a DVD or Blu-ray and play them on my XBMC codi (Raspberry Pi 3b) the video is struggling to play. It plays and pauses and plays again (all the way through).
    However when I convert the ripped MKV (agian to MKV) and change some video settings (like bitrate), the video is playing just fine.

What is the best way (settings) to rip a DVD or Blu-ray for playback on XBMC codi (Raspberry Pi 3b)?

Thanks,

There is a bottleneck somewhere, either in your storage medium or in the ability of the device to read it and redraw the screen at the same time. The bitrates may just be too high if Same as Source or Copy is used in Ripper. You can try re-encoding (which you report works) with either a smaller screen size and/or a lower bitrate and certainly re-encode the audio. In fact, I would try the simpler audio first; with a lighter load there it might be able to cope with the original video (but I have my doubts).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

But what settings would you suggest for ripping a DVD5 or DVD9?

Comment

Working...
      X