Blu-ray ISO Won't Play in VLC or other players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray ISO Won't Play in VLC or other players

I am very new to DVDFab and am using DVDFab x64 10.0.6.2.

When using Copy>Full Disc>Output "BD50" or "BD25 1080p/i", with or without "Remove HD Audio", the ISO that is created is unable to play in VLC or other players.

VLC provides no errors, if double-clicked, nothing, and if I mount the ISO and try to use the Open Disc option in VLC I only get:

"Your input can't be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///K:/'. Check the log for details."

The main reason I have purchased DVDFab was to copy Blu-ray discs, and ripping the titles is unfeasible as I have no way of knowing which title is which episode (don't know if they are in order & there are 12 per disc, as there are only 6 episodes per disc).

Am I using the wrong settings in DVDFab/VLC for creating/playing these Blu-ray ISO's?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I would suggest trying DVDFab Media Player, it is free to use with any media except optical discs and does not require that the ISOs be mounted in a virtual drive.. VLC is not known as a truly adroit BD player.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      I would suggest trying DVDFab Media Player, it is free to use with any media except optical discs and does not require that the ISOs be mounted in a virtual drive.. VLC is not known as a truly adroit BD player.
      Hi, thanks for posting.

I have tried this but my DVD's menu doesn't seem to function in the DVDFab player, video and audio play, but I cannot click on the menu items or use keyboard to select options, is there something I am missing?

Comment

No, I don't think you are missing anything, but you should be able to select menu items without a problem, especially with DVD content. Note that Fab Player has a user choice for "simple" or "Menu" mode in Settings. Is this something you have noticed with more than one title, or is it just one particular movie that exhibits this? I will try it also with some existing content.

UPDATE: works fine with the original disc and Full Disc rip of The Mummy (2017) DVD, Player v3.1.0.2
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          No, I don't think you are missing anything, but you should be able to select menu items without a problem, especially with DVD content. Note that Fab Player has a user choice for "simple" or "Menu" mode in Settings. Is this something you have noticed with more than one title, or is it just one particular movie that exhibits this? I will try it also with some existing content.

UPDATE: works fine with the original disc and Full Disc rip of The Mummy (2017) DVD, Player v3.1.0.2
          I am backing up the first season of Nikita on Bluray.
          All discs seam to have non-functioning menus, it's not like they don't show, they just aren't controllable.

Another thing I have noticed is that if I use simple mode to skip the menu entirely and play a chapter, it plays ridiculously slowly, like it will play 5-10 frames, then wait a second, play another 5-10 frames, wait a second and on and on.

Is there something I am missing here, does it need time to read the entire file, like offline buffering?

Comment

Working...
          X