Frames skipping in 10.0.6.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frames skipping in 10.0.6.2

hi - not familiar with the ins and outs of the dvdfab tech, but lately burned bd-r's have been skipping frames. very apparent in long pan shots, almost like a jerky motion. tried changing settings, bought/installed a new blu ray recording drive, etc. when i go back to an older version of dvd fab like 9.1.2.5 recordings are smooth like the original. i saw a post where someone mentioned this a few weeks back but not sure that he ever got an answer.

any suggestions? thanks!

I have copied several recent and older titles with v10.0.6.2 and have not noticed this. This can be caused by burning or player issues, please attach the burn log from one of these that skips. If you still have the DVDFab output files, try playing them with a software player on your PC and see if the problem is still there. Horizontal pans require very high bitrates, there may be a bottleneck somewhere.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you. I downloaded Power DVD17 and the movie is still jerky, but less jerky when played back on the computer, However, movie is still jerky with jumping/dropped frames on all 3 standalone home blu-ray players. How do I attach the log file for the last burn?

Also is there a place to get previous versions of DVDFAB 10? I want to roll back to a previous version.
      Here is the other post I was referring to with regards to frames skipping:
      https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...n-blu-ray-copy

Comment

Please tell me some of the titles that exhibit this, I will try to duplicate the problem you are seeing. If it does this in PowerDVD on your PC when playing from a file or folder, it is not related to the burn. Were you playing the burned disc on PDVD or a HDD file? The burn log (and others) can be found in the ..(My)Documents/DVDFab 10/Logs folder. Instructions for supplying logs are linked in my sig, below. The other thread is not really useful, it is based on much older versions of DVDFab and may have different causes producing the same symptoms.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here is the burn log. I tried it with the Rocky 3 movie. I don't understand PDVD but I burned it to disc then played it on the computer with Cyberlink Power DVD 17 and on the standalone BR players in the house (3), all with same results.
          Attached Files

Comment

Also attaching this as well. Still trying to figure how to get a previous version of DVDFAB? I see the thread with 'official releases' but the link keeps bringing me to the current version.
            Thanks!
            Attached Files

Comment

I am not sure a previous version is what is needed, they are no longer officially supported. Please take the Rocky 3 original disc and use DVDFab to write in to a disc folder on your HDD, then play it with PDVD and see if it still has the symptoms.

Comment

Hello, tried again with rocky 3 to disc folder, then played with PDVD, still had the skipped frames.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, please attach the DVDFab internal log session from that last test when you have time.

Comment

OK, attaching.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, the developers will be back online Monday China time.

Comment

Thanks! A couple of members also gave good suggestions, including reloading to default settings, that helped a lot and may have solved the problem. Will be also looking for a new video card soon as well. Appreciate all the help!

Comment

Update: A member suggested updating video card - upgraded to a geforce gtx1060 and the skipping seems to have stopped (will update thread if it continues). Thanks to all for the assistance!

Comment

Originally posted by zentech View Post
                            Update: A member suggested updating video card - upgraded to a geforce gtx1060 and the skipping seems to have stopped (will update thread if it continues). Thanks to all for the assistance!
                            Hi,

Glad it works for you now.

Wilson
                            Please post your logs the default location is:
                            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

Hi,

Glad it works for you now.

Wilson
                              We shouldn't have to replace our video cards as this issue seems to have started only recently. I have an iMac 27" with an AMD Radeon R9 M395X with 4GB GDDR4 RAM running Windows 10 (under Apple's bootcamp). If I turn on AMD APP GPU acceleration, I get an unplayable blu-ray, freezes at the menu or the menu stays frozen on the screen as the audio plays in the background. If I turn disable all GPU codecs, disable both Lightning-Recoding and Lightning-Shrink, I get dropped frames throughout. The blu-ray is titled: "Hans Zimmer - Live In Prague." This is the first time I've seen this issue.

Just a added question: Why does AMD APP use Lightning-Shrink, even though I've unchecked the Lightning-Shrink option?

Thanks,
                              Larry

Comment

Working...
                              X