Black screen when using chapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black screen when using chapters

The problem in a nutshell: when I start a Blu-ray Copy movie from disk and try to jump forward to the next chapter (by remote control) I'm getting a black screen. Sound can be heard, but no picture. Same, when I try to use the chapter menu of the disk.

This only happens with DVDFab 10 - can't remember the exact version when it started. I tested it on my PS3 and also on another Blu-Ray Player - both show the same issue with the BD copy made with version 10. Furthermore, the other Blu-Ray Player is having some kind of screensaver appearing when pausing the movie for a while. If you want to resume the movie from the screensaver, you're getting the same: black screen with sound.

Anyway, this problem does not occur using DVDFab 9, so I keep up using this version hoping that this problem is going to be fixed in 10. But as I can see, it's not.

It's the newest PS3 firmware and the newest version of DVDFab that I used lately (last experiments with 10.0.5.5; I assume no change of behavior in the latest version, because I tried it frequently). OS is Windows 10 x64. I tried several variants to rip and burn a BD copy. However, there are too many checkboxes, clicks and options serving as the problem's source, so I tried this: Ripping and shrinking a BD completly with DVDFab 10, using the most defensive settings. It's always the same result: The screen keeps black when using chapters.

First I was sure that somebody else would have noticed this problem. But I couldn't find anything matching to that, so ...any ideas?

It could be that no one else has had the problem. Some additional information would be helpful, including the DVDFab internal log session and burn log from one of these that does not play correctly. Clarify that if you do the same movie title with the exact same settings, it works with an old version (9.?.?.?) but not with the current one (10.0.6.2)?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for your reply
      It will take some time, but I'll provide this information by doing a new test.

Comment

Excellent, thanks
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Now I've done some tests with 10.0.6.2. doing a copy of an older BD called "Super 8".

Strangely, the black-screen issue seems to be gone. I would consider this as "good news", but I'm a little bit skeptical. I still have a few Blu-Ray disks with this "Black Screen" issue. Instead, now I'm having the same "Frames skipping in 10.0.6.2" problem, reported by 'zentech' one thread above this one.

I would like to do more testing with other BDs in order to see if my problem is really gone.

One additional remark: The "Black Screen" did not appear when using a software player on my PC.

Thanks for now

Comment

Working...
          X