This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Kong problems

I'm trying to figure out which m2ts files are used for "King Kong" main movie. Any help will be appreciated. I am using the latest version of Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray. I can use TSMuxer to make a single m2ts file but I can't seem to get the right ones.

Don
    Your hijack of another members thread has been moved to a thread of its own.

Comment

When this happens I use the Preview window to play a few minutes of each one. Usually one will have a wrong language or some other clue that it isn't the one you want. Your standalone player may also have an info screen that tells you which title is playing.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks. I'm trying 43 files now. Don't know if it will work, yet.

Comment

I think Peter Jacksons version is about 3 hrs 20 minutes long, check the lengths. If I where you I would only copy that to a 50 gig disc, on a 25 gig disc there may be a lot of compression problems (freezing up, audio sync, etc) just from my experience.

Papajo

Comment

Thanks again

I've tried several things and still get multiple .m2ts files that I can't remux using TSMuxeR. I don't have PowerDVD - maybe I should get it. I had absolutely no problem with Pelham 123. The main movie cam out as one .m2ts and plays perfectly. I use the WDTV to play these on my TV. I don't try to burn them to a disk, the WDTV is excellent at giving me great BluRay quality.
            Possibly my problem has been trying to make the main movie copy from a full copy on the hard drive instead of straight off the disk. Any comments?

Comment

The multiple files are caused by the way that the Blu-Ray is originally authored and is not caused by Fab. Fab faithfully replicates the original structure.

As said above, you will have a fair bit of work to do to identify the correct title.

As also said, you can do this by playing the original disk in your set top player and play the main movie from the menu. Most set top players have an LCD display which shows you which title is playing,

As this is a Fab forum, discussions on the the use of other apps like TS_Remuxer are not allowed and would be better discussed on their own forums.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The cheat sheet is the files in the BDMV/PLAYLIST folder. Open the MPLS file for the title you want in a text editor. Ignore the garbage and write down the M2TS numbers (ex. 00185M2TS) as this should be the playback order. The process is much easier (less extra stuff) if you did a main movie rip to the hard drive in the first place.

Comment

King Kong looks great on BD-25 ... watched on regular then copied it... the one thing about the mts files is there are tons of them and you have to copy them all. this movie was by far the longest movie i've had to compress. i have an extra laptop i use but for the average movie take 24 hours (yes i know slow) but on King Kong took 40 hours+ ... but had no problems with this film

Comment

Thanks ggstokey. I am able to compress it into several m2ts files and then combine those files into one big m2ts file (using most of the steps outlined but when I play it on my WDTV the WDTV locks up where each m2ts file ends and the next one begins. I haven't tried playing it on any other players, yet, because my whole object is to store it on the WDTV for easy access when I want to watch it. Any suggestions? How do you play yours? And is it a single file when you compress it? Pelham 123 was just one file when I did it. Thanks.
                    Last edited by W&B; 03-03-2010, 08:20 PM. Reason: removed link to competitors site

Comment

Posting links to competitors site is against the forum rules, read them before posting again, thanks.

Comment

Well, I had a similar problem with another recent release, but found that I could play it fine with a different player (Media Player Classic) without the hangups - so I'm thinking the WDTV has problems. Thanks to all for the help.

Comment

Working...
                        X