Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BluRay-Copy stuttering ...

Hi,
    Is this just me, or has anyone else the same issues?
    Whenever i copy a BD to BD25 the movie playback stutters every second a little bit.
    Just a little 'pumping'...
    This is only since DVDFab 10.x and with 2D-Movies.
    3D seem to work flawlessly.

For example the BD "Valerian" (Ger/UK 2D/3D version) : 3D-movie is OK, 2D-trailers are stuttering.

Using old version DVDFab 9.x is ok, too!

Any idea what this could cause?

I have not noticed this, but I have different country version of Valerian and will try it also. Are you playing these back on a standalone player from a burned disc or from a BDMV folder or ISO? Thanks for the feedback.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Playback is from standalone player (burned ISO), or from VLC or from Mediaplayer with ISO-file... all the same.
      And it's not only Valerian...this was just an example as it has stuttering playback (the trailers in 2D) and working playback (the movie itself in 3D).

The playback is just like a short break each second.

Comment

Please download DVDFab Media Player 5 and try playing the ISO (virtual drive not required). Also, what version of DVDFab are you using?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Jeppa,
          I had no problems with the 2D version of Valerian, made with DVDFab x64 v10.0.7.6 and played through DVDFab Virtual Drive on !PowerDVD 17, also Fab Player 5 and VLC. Very smooth playback,no dropped frames. Please attach the DVDFab internal log from one of these that do not play 2D smoothly. Instructions for this are linked in my sig. I used CUDA to compress the disc, you might try the Software setting in AV Codec, although either should work.

Comment

Hi again...
            I've tested again a little (Ver 10.0.8.1) and it's still the same with all my players (software and hardware).
            There must have been some changes in the way H264 is done from version 9 to 10, i guess...
            When i use one of the 'stuttering' copys as source and do a rip to AVI for example : smooth playback!
            DVDFabs internal player : smooth , too.
            So it's not in the movie itself but maybe the format or the way it's muxed?

Comment

Hi Jeppa,
              Please obtain the free MediaInfo utility (https://sourceforge.net/projects/med...atest/download) and analyze (if you have) a stuttering and non-stuttering version of the same movie, in the same format, made with the same settings. Attach the text file output from MediaInfo to a post, the same procedure as attaching a log file, outlined in the link in my sig, below.

Comment

Hi,
                what link in sig ?

I've done this with movie "Dunkirk" (just the important diffs) :
                • Smooth playing:
                Code:
                [LIST][*]Format settings                          : CABAC / 2 Ref Frames[/LIST][LIST][*]Format settings, RefFrames               : 2 frames[/LIST][LIST][*]Writing library                          : x264 core 142[/LIST][LIST][*]Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=1 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x112 / me=dia / subme=1 / psy=0 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=12 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=4 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=4 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=0 / keyint=1000 / keyint_min=2 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=2 / rc=abr / mbtree=0 / bitrate=23064 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.50 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=35000 / vbv_bufsize=30000 / nal_hrd=vbr / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.10 / pb_ratio=1.10 / aq=1:1.00[/LIST]
                • stuttering playing:
                Code:
                [LIST][*]Format settings                          : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames[/LIST][LIST][*]Format settings, RefFrames               : 3 frames[/LIST][LIST][*]Writing library                          : x264 core 148[/LIST][LIST][*]Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x112 / me=dia / subme=1 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=12 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=4 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=4 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=0 / keyint=1000 / keyint_min=2 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=2 / rc=abr / mbtree=0 / bitrate=22815 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.50 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=35000 / vbv_bufsize=30000 / nal_hrd=vbr / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.10 / pb_ratio=1.10 / aq=1:1.00[/LIST]

Comment

There are 3 links in my sig, if you can't see them, press F5 while viewing the page. Would prefer to have the entire MediaInfo output as an file attachment so the developers can download it. It is the one on the left about supplying logs.

Comment

Working...
                  X