X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sound "I robot"

Hello,

I'm new in this forum.

A friend advice me to buy DVD FAB and said that was excellent, so i downloaded the "trial" to try it.

But first movie I try to rip, first problem!!

I try to rip "I robot" to a BD25 and there's no sound.
    The friend that gives me advices try it and has the same problem.

Can you help me cause I would like this to work before to buy this software.

Thank you.

Are you playing this back on your PC from file or on disc from a standalone BD player?
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
    4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
    ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
    2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
    LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
    Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Please check your settings and make sure your player supports the audio stream that you or DVDFab has set as the default. You can use the Preview window in DVDFab to see if it has audio there and change the settings if it does not.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have the playstation 3 and Onkyo 607 (both support bistream HD).
        I try with another movie and there no problem!
        I think there's a problem with "I robot" and "independance day".
        Can you help me with these movies? Is there a solution.
        I checked google and I saw some people have the same problem with those movies and DVD FAB!

Comment

I tried with my PC and powerdvd as well! And there's the same problem: No sound!

Thank you for your answers!!

Comment

Check the tracks in the preview pane before ripping to HD you may just have the wrong one.I have made that mistake before.
            AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
            4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
            ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
            2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
            LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
            Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Usually DvdFab figures out which audio stream is needed but I have had a few instances where I got no sound or the wrong sound. Each time it was such a case of mistaken identity. Select a different audio track and use the preview to verify it is correct. This always works for me.

Comment

I think there no solution! I think this will be fixed by a new dvdfab!
                When i ripped it and i doesn't work with my PS3 and my PC, I tried to play it in DVDfab preview... and it's working!! So I think it's a bug!
                As I said before, some people on the web has the same problem with "I robot" and "independence day"!!

Someone succeeded with these blu-ray?
                Thanks!

Comment

yes its an issue i have found with a few movies when being ripped as well.. hopefully this will be addressed in the next revision.

Comment

Hi There... (my first post)

I am also finding that sometimes when selecting movie only (BluRay) that there is NO audio track (info on WINDVD HD does not even list any audio information) and indeed when put in my BR player (LG BD370) there is no audio tack to select ... (and with ID4 will not even play the vid)

Most titles work as expecected but 3 tiltles I can confirm that this happens to are:

Independence day Region B
                    Pirates of the Carrib. 2 and 3 (1 worked ok) Region B

Note that it has nothing to do with compression as a movie only rip to (say a 33gig) file will not work either

In all cases I select only the audio I want .......

I am running 32 bit windows 7 home premium on AMD II 5600+ with 3gig Ram and several YB of HDD space

Mik.

PS. Not sure if this helps but if you just play the m2ts file there is sound so may be something to do with the support files that get created.

Comment

Did you try the latest beta 7010? Rip as an iso and test it using Fab's virtual drive (it's free) to save your blank media and see if the problem is solved, please let us know.

Comment

This no audio thing is not new. Terminator 3 compressed to DV9 yields no audio on previous versions.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
                          Did you try the latest beta 7010? Rip as an iso and test it using Fab's virtual drive (it's free) to save your blank media and see if the problem is solved, please let us know.
                          Hi,

I have ripped to IDO and loaded with Daemon tools..

itdoes not matter wheter compression is used or not and whether all auddio tracks and subtitles are selected or just selected ones...
                          it is something to do with the extraction of the movie only files....

ie. the ISO of FULL disk is ok but ISO of movie ONLY has NO sound track..

Not just No sound output there is NO AUDIO track at all

I have tried 6.2.2.0 beta I will try the new beta.

Mik

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
                            Yahoo,,

Yippeee that version fixed the bug.. Independence day now worked fine

Thanks all

mik

Comment

Originally posted by bigmik View Post
                              Yahoo,,

Yippeee that version fixed the bug.. Independence day now worked fine

Thanks all

mik
                              Thanks for posting and letting everyone know, glad it worked for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X