Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLVED:DVDFab10 x64 crashes on startup due to error with Qt5core.dll module.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED:DVDFab10 x64 crashes on startup due to error with Qt5core.dll module.

I tried searching for a bit for something similar with a solution like mine, but found nothing, so apologies if posting a new thread for something that was already identified. Maybe my keyword usage wasn't accurate enough.

After a recent reboot, I noticed that when attempting to start DVDFab x64 v10.0.7.7 that it would suddenly crash. No crash dump logs created or anything appended to the internal log files for DVDFab.

As such, I looked in the windows event viewer application log and noticed an Error level event that occurred at the time of the crash. The faulting module name was Qt5Core.dll

I searched for this library file and found more than one, of which one was associated with Microsoft OneDrive which had recently been installed (from a recent system update on 2/14/18)

However, I had used DVDF even after the date that MS OneDrive was installed. Yet, I recently rebooted my computer, and that was when the problem started appearing.

All that said, I decided to remove MS OneDrive from my PC as a test, and once complete, I was able to start DVDFab without error. No reboot, no reinstall of DVDFab, nothing else.

Hope this helps someone else. No guarantees this is exactly the same issue others might be experiencing, but thought I would share anyway.
    Last edited by pleonard15; 02-28-2018, 12:42 AM.

Thanks for the feedback, another user has reported an issue with OneDrive, probably best to avoid it if possible. Please update your DVDFab to the current release, you are several behind. Problems like the one you reported are sometimes addressed without specific entries in the changelog.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X