No announcement yet.

Greatest Showman "To open this Blu-Ray disc, please updated DVDFab software."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greatest Showman "To open this Blu-Ray disc, please updated DVDFab software."

My Wife bought the movie "The Greatest Showman" starring Hugh Jackman, I believe it just came out this week. She purchased the BluRay version (not UHD)

Naturally I wanted to add it to our movie server, but DVD Fab is showing "To open this Blu-ray disc, please update DVDFab software.

I updated to the latest (10.0.8.9) but it still displays this message.

Is there an update in the works for this?

testing it now myself

UPDATE: DVDFab x64 v10.0.8.9 opens the retail version with no errors. Check the disc for finderprints, dust etc. Attach the DVDFab internal log session for this disc as shown here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5 You may have a different version of the disc.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Log attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Basementjack View Post
        Log attached.
        re post your internal log file, it's not complete.

Comment

Basementjack
          We have the same version of the disc and it opens fine for me. Please check yours, it should be fine.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks Signals, I'll see if I can swap it out at the store where it was purchased, thanks for checking!

Comment

You are welcome, sorry you are having trouble with it. Not sure why it won't open for you, I am using the x64 10.0.8.9 version of DVDFab. Moving your thread to the Blu-ray Copy forum, post things like this there next time, it will be found more quickly.

Comment

Thanks Signals!

Does DVDFab have any dependencies that I might need to update like Java? I think my Java JRE is 1.5

I tried the disc in my Xbox one, and was hoping it would come up with an error, but of course it played just fine.

Then I thought, maybe the disk just wasn't seated, tried it again in my PC but no luck, I have an LG WH16NS40 drive.

Comment

October262

What is the log missing?

I looked at the log, and it looked like it had the history of everything I'd ever done, so I exited DVDFab, deleted all logs, then recreated the issue on a clean log.

I opened the log and removed any reference to my movie server, and replaced the user ID with *

Everything else should be there, including the disc ID.

Comment

Originally posted by Basementjack View Post
                    October262

What is the log missing?

I looked at the log, and it looked like it had the history of everything I'd ever done, so I exited DVDFab, deleted all logs, then recreated the issue on a clean log.

I opened the log and removed any reference to my movie server, and replaced the user ID with *

Everything else should be there, including the disc ID.
                    log opens fine now.

Comment

Just a quick update on Greatest Showman + Java JRE update...

I use DVDFab for nearly everything, but I also own MakeMKV.

Yesterday when it failed, I also tried MakeMKV and it failed there as well.

After reading replies above, I wondered if an updated Java version might help.

I've never seen anything mentioned of DVDFab using Java, but MakeMKV displays on screen what java version it's using so It seemed worth a shot...

I uninstalled JRE 1.5 and installed Java 8 Update 161.

MakeMKV is now able open the disc, whereas it wasn't in the past.

DVDfab still is unable to open the title:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-04-14_11-28-00.png
Views:	267
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	352706

Signals could there be any other setting that I might have that's different than yours?

Comment

Hello Basementjack,

0m 27.14s: blu-ray 3B6444241D5276B3221DE677F0F5DE071F8B30A1
                        0m 27.70s: cert BEE=0x80 same
                        0m 27.95s: mk {"R":"6","S":"2"} 6
                        0m 27.95s: ff error: 10
                        0m 27.96s: failed to open 304
                        We need files from your end to help check the problem with movie "The Greatest Showman". Please kindly check PM for detail, thank you.

Regards,
                        Mona

Comment

Hello Basementjack,

0m 27.14s: blu-ray 3B6444241D5276B3221DE677F0F5DE071F8B30A1
                          0m 27.70s: cert BEE=0x80 same
                          0m 27.95s: mk {"R":"6","S":"2"} 6
                          0m 27.95s: ff error: 10
                          0m 27.96s: failed to open 304
                          We need files from your end to help check the problem with movie "The Greatest Showman". Please kindly check PM for detail, thank you.

Regards,
                          Mona

Comment

Sorry I must have missed this.

I tried the same movie later, with a newer version of DVD fab and it worked fine so whatever it was it got resolved.

- Jack

Comment

Working...
                            X