Video hangs when advancing chapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video hangs when advancing chapters

I have latest vs. This has bee happening for several versions. If you advance chapters then the video will hang and not advance. The closed caption and the audio goes on as normal
    but the video picture does not advance.

I am getting fed up with this. It never happened as long as I have had this software which has been 6 or 7 years and now it is happening.

Does anyone have this problem? Does anyone know what is happening and how it can be corrected.

I thought my BD burner was bad so I bought the latest Pioneer 209M burner and that does not solve the problem.

What player are you using and which burning engine is selected for burning the discs?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Are you using the same media and player you have always used? I have found early on that some of the lesser quality media burns and verifies ok, but then has problems playing on my standalone Sony BD player, even if it plays ok in my LG burner using software player on my PC. By sticking with Verbatim BD-R's and using IMGBurn to burn, I have reduced most of my playback issues to almost zero. I also stay away from dual layer BD-R's cause, at least for me in my setup, that is sometimes problematic.

I would also try those same discs in another player, if you have access to one, just to rule out a possible player problem. But then again, some media play fine in one player but not in another.

Best way, and sometimes the only way to solve these types of problems is to go through a substitution and elimination process. Yeah, its a pain.

Just FYI, I usually use the latest version and I have yet to experience what you described except when I used lesser quality disks when I first started to build and backup my Blu-ray library a few years ago. Cant even remember the brand they were but I trashed them all; didn't even save them for a nice set of matching coaster, lol.

Comment

You could eliminate whether or not its a software issue by mounting the folder (or ISO) you created, and then playing it back on your PC through whatever software player you use, and chaptering through. If it chapters through ok, then you 'll know its likely not an authoring issue.

Comment

I am using the burning engine that is the default. I can't check it now because I deleted the software ( DVDFab 10.0.9.4). I downloaded the 10.0.9.7 vs and the shortcut that it made would not find the program. I deleted it again and tried to download the latest 10.0.9.7 and it would download but would not install. When the quick install window came up it was grayed out and would do nothing.

I don't know what the hell the problem is.

I can install vs 9 but it will not even find updated download from options in the software.

I have a Sony BD player. I also have a insignia player which does the same thing.

It plays fine on my computer using the Pioneer BD 209M burner that I burned it with. Computer will change chapters etc.

Any idea why I can't install 10?

Help
          Last edited by TGMcCallie; 06-20-2018, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TGMcCallie View Post
            I am using the burning engine that is the default. I can't check it now because I deleted the software ( DVDFab 10.0.9.4). I downloaded the 10.0.9.7 vs and the shortcut that it made would not find the program. I deleted it again and tried to download the latest 10.0.9.7 and it would download but would not install. When the quick install window came up it was grayed out and would do nothing.

I don't know what the hell the problem is.

I can install vs 9 but it will not even find updated download from options in the software.

I have a Sony BD player. I also have a insignia player which does the same thing.

It plays fine on my computer using the Pioneer BD 209M burner that I burned it with. Computer will change chapters etc.

Any idea why I can't install 10?

Help
            Hi TGMcCallie,

Please uninstall it again, be sure to remove all the left files and then reinstall the latest version to have a try. You may need to run it as administrator. If still have problem, please contact me via our livechat system at http://www.dvdfab.cn/contact.htm (online help available from 9:30 am to 7:00 pm, UTC +8:00)

Regards,
            Mona

Comment

I have been having the same problem. The last 2 updates (10.0.9.7 & 10.0.9.9) both have the same issues and won't allow forwarding of chapters. The movie plays but wont allow you to forward. I tried what was recommended above, uninstall everything, cleared temp, deleted DVDFab files, cleaned registry, restarted and reinstalled. That didn't fix anything. Whatever was updated in the last 2 versions IS THE PROBLEM. When I re-installed version 10.0.9.5 everything worked as it should and could now forward chapters. I recommend unfortunately to NOT update the software past 10.0.9.5 until the issue is resolved. Good luck everyone!

Comment

I had this problem years ago. Go to common settings click on av codex disable all gpu codecs for decoding and encoding. Disable lightning recording and disable lightning shrink. It will now take longer 4 u to backup but u will b able to skip chapters and fwd with no problem. Hope that helps

Comment

Obrian, I tried what you suggested and disabled all gpu codecs for de3coding and encoding. I also disabled lightning recoding and disabled lightning shrink. After doing that the software worked
                  perfectly but very very slow.

I then changed it back to defaults which enabled these things and made another copy and the video hung when I attempted to advance chapters. It showed the chapters were advancing but the
                  video is hung at the present chapter and will not move. The sound for the advancing chapters play but picture does not advance.

I have tried to get on chat support all day but it is not available.

If Mona reads this post will she please let me know when I can chatt with someone to get this problem solved.

Tom

Comment

Obrian, I tried what you suggested and disabled all gpu codecs for de3coding and encoding. I also disabled lightning recoding and disabled lightning shrink. After doing that the software worked
                    perfectly but very very slow.

I then changed it back to defaults which enabled these things and made another copy and the video hung when I attempted to advance chapters. It showed the chapters were advancing but the
                    video is hung at the present chapter and will not move. The sound for the advancing chapters play but picture does not advance.

If Mona reads this post will she please let me know when I can chatt with someone to get this problem solved.

Tom
                    Try downgrading your graphics card driver to
                    an earlier version and then re-enable all the GPU
                    Codecs and try again.

Comment

Tom
                      Hi Tom,

The support team is not available during weekends. It's now 11:30am Monday, July 23 our time. If you are on line now, please try again on the contact page http://www.dvdfab.cn/contact.htm , our staff will try to remote check it on your PC.

If you are not on line now, please describe how you create the video, list the steps, and post dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file here to help address the problem. Also, please confirm whether the folder (or ISO) you created wither GPU enabled can be played on your PC using software player or not. Thanks.

The latest version of DVDFab is now v10.2.1.0, please be sure to update to the latest one to have a try.

Regards,
                      Mona

Comment

I am having the same issue regardless of source (blu-rays or DVD discs). I tried multiple players (VLC, Plex, MPC-HC, etc) and multiple devices (computers, tablets, televisions, etc). I tried the last beta release (before v10.2.1.0 was public) and that did not fix it. Rolling back to version 10.0.8.8 did fix it. If I have time, I will try v10.2.1.0.

The odd thing is my friend has the same version and was able to re-encode the files and it would fix it too as he does not have the same issue with the files he rips.

I will report back whenever I upgrade to v10.2.1.0.

Comment

Originally posted by GottWhat View Post
                          I am having the same issue regardless of source (blu-rays or DVD discs). I tried multiple players (VLC, Plex, MPC-HC, etc) and multiple devices (computers, tablets, televisions, etc). I tried the last beta release (before v10.2.1.0 was public) and that did not fix it. Rolling back to version 10.0.8.8 did fix it. If I have time, I will try v10.2.1.0.

The odd thing is my friend has the same version and was able to re-encode the files and it would fix it too as he does not have the same issue with the files he rips.

I will report back whenever I upgrade to v10.2.1.0.
                          We cannot tell whether your case is the same as TGMcCallie's here, so to make it clearer, if you have problem when using the latest version, please start a new thread, describe the problem and post the log files needed. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
                          Mona

Comment

This is happening to me also with my backups. I cannot fast forward or advance on two Sony Blu ray players that are at my fathers house. He lives some distance from me. They work great on my old Panasonic. This only happens with compressed Blu ray 50G converted to 25G. I have no problem compressing DVD's. I also believe it has something to do with AMD Hardware acceleration. Please help. DL Blu ray disc become expensive after awhile.
                            And by the way I love your software.

Comment

To be more clear. It’s Blu ray’s converted to DVD’s that work I don’t know about DVD9’s to 5’s.

Comment

Working...
                              X