Clone Copy : Protected vs. Unprotected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clone Copy : Protected vs. Unprotected

Why is it that when a Clone copy is made to HDD, DVDFab can read a protected ISO from the HDD, but not an unprotected ISO?

DVDFab should be able to read both in most cases.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Will try again and see. One more question, when trying to load a protected ISO and convert to unprotected ISO, (i.e. use Clone mode to read a protected ISO to try and write as a separate unprotected ISO), the only option I see is to burn the ISO, but not write to a separate file as an unprotected ISO. There is no option to select a folder or location other than to select an actual burning drive. Is this the case or am I missing something. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LaciBacsi View Post
        Will try again and see. One more question, when trying to load a protected ISO and convert to unprotected ISO, (i.e. use Clone mode to read a protected ISO to try and write as a separate unprotected ISO), the only option I see is to burn the ISO, but not write to a separate file as an unprotected ISO. There is no option to select a folder or location other than to select an actual burning drive. Is this the case or am I missing something. Thanks
        Other modes like Main Movie, Full Disc support to load Protected ISO. Please supply more info about this protected ISO. Also, please post dvdfab_internal.log file. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by LaciBacsi View Post
          You need to mount the PISO to Virtual Drive if you want to clone it to unprotected ISO, or use Fulldisc.

It supports to write the ISO to the blank disc if you open the ISO file directly in Clone/Burn.

Thanks!

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

You need to mount the PISO to Virtual Drive if you want to clone it to unprotected ISO, or use Fulldisc.

It supports to write the ISO to the blank disc if you open the ISO file directly in Clone/Burn.

Thanks!

Wilson
            DVDFab wont let me mount a PISO as a Virtual Drive (created through Windows … in my case drive H:\) and gives me the error below (I also included log file), but does let me mount the PISO directly. Since I cant create an unprotected Clone ISO to HDD from a PISO, only burn, the way around that of course is to use Full Disc mode as suggested, and is what I usually do. Was just wondering if there was a way to create an unprotected ISO on the HDD first. I guess not.

Ok thank you all!

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	356867

Comment

Working...
            X