External Burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External Burner

Hey All. My computer does not support BR so I purchased a LG external burner. I have know backed up my Hurricane Heist to an iso file on the computer but when I insert a blank BD-R to the external burner, I do not have an option to select this drive as the output like I do to the internal drive. Is there a setting I am missing on the dropdowns to use an external drive? As obviously it recognizes it since it burned the iso from the external but it is not recognizing it for the burning option.

THanks

and just a note: it obj recognizes it as it allowed me to burn to ISO. But if I were to standard copy it, usually the drop down for the output is set to the drive but it's only showing the internal drive and not allowing for F (external burner). It gives me options for the internal (E) and ISO and folder option

Comment

select common settings - drives and see if it is selected there.

Comment

Check in Computer/My Computer/ This Computer in Windows, if your OS does not show it there, DVDFab will not be able to find it either. If you are writing the output to an ISO on your hard drive, then burning it, this is not the required or even recommended procedure; DVDFab can write it to disc all in one step. If you will atttach a DVDFab internal log session since you installed the new drive, it will show all drives that DVDFab can see. Instructions here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

so I had written to an iso file solely b/c i didnt have any backup BD-R that i thought i did. but i updated my software to the 64 and restarted the computer and it showed up in the drop down menu. not sure if that was the fix but heck, it works now so all good. but it was reading the file initially when i put the BR in the drive and it pulled it up automatically but did not not show up in the output file which is what was weird. but it works now.
          thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X