Lagging issues with burned bd-r.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lagging issues with burned bd-r.

I'm having what can only be described as lag issues with the video of a burned bd-r. It happens every couple of seconds during playback and it is very slight but noticeable enough to be annoying. I use imgburn with an lg blu ray burner. Any help would be appreciated.

This is usually a player issue but can also be caused by problems in the copy or burning process. Try the burned disc in a different player or play it back on your PC to help isolate the problem.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Burned a different blu ray movie copy and tried it in my computer and it is doing the same thing as it was in my uhd player . I have Verbatim bd-r if that helps any?
      I should add that I burned a dvd copy with no issues.

Comment

DVDs use a different laser wavelength and have much lower bitrates than Blu-rays, so that is not conclusive. Which burn engine do you have selected and what burn speed did you use? Attach the DVDFab internal log session and burn log for one of these Blu-rays if can locate them (go to Open Log Folder in DVDFab Settings, then follow the tips here http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5 to put them in a post).
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hopefully this what you need.
          Attached Files

Comment

My burn engine is img burn a 4x.

Comment

signals He mentioned in his first post that he uses Imgburn.

James1414
              Which model LG burner are you using? Do you have the latest firmware? When you say 'lag', do you mean a total pause and does this affect both video and audio? I would recommend trying a burn at the slowest supported speed of your burner. (Burning at non-supported speeds can give you pauses in playback since the burning strategies are optimized for only the supported speeds). I am not sure if burning with Imgburn through DVDFab or outside of DVDFab would make a difference or not. If burning through Fab, try it as a separate task after closing DVDFab.

Comment

Originally posted by LaciBacsi View Post
                signals He mentioned in his first post that he uses Imgburn.

James1414
                Which model LG burner are you using? Do you have the latest firmware? When you say 'lag', do you mean a total pause and does this affect both video and audio? I would recommend trying a burn at the slowest supported speed of your burner. (Burning at non-supported speeds can give you pauses in playback since the burning strategies are optimized for only the supported speeds). I am not sure if burning with Imgburn through DVDFab or outside of DVDFab would make a difference or not. If burning through Fab, try it as a separate task after closing DVDFab.

I use the LG BP50NB40 and the firmware is up to date. The only way I can describe the lag issue is to say it happens every couple seconds for a duration of milliseconds and is very slight but noticeable. It kinda reminds me of video game lag. It only happens to the video as the audio is not affected.

Comment

James1414 what happens if you use the default burning engine instead of img burn? I also suggest burning at 2x rather than 4x, this helped me solve an issue I was having with Verbatim discs.

Comment

I used the default burning engine and it still lagged. I also tried making the copy to iso and on playback it still lagged. I'm guessing its a problem with the read somewhere in the process but I dunno what.
                    I tried burning at 2x but the process failed with img burn. I will try 2x on the dvd fab burner.
                    Last edited by James1414; 08-02-2018, 11:21 PM.

Comment

try temporally disabling one of your 2 graphics cards and just use one.
                      recopy the movie to your HDD and retry burning a disc again. see if you still have the lagging issue.

Comment

I disabled the GPU and went with the software encoding. Is that what you mean october262 ? I still had lag issues though. I also did an iso to burn and still had the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by James1414 View Post
                          I disabled the GPU and went with the software encoding. Is that what you mean october262 ? I still had lag issues though. I also did an iso to burn and still had the issue.
                          Uninstall one of your graphics cards and just use
                          one graphics card, then retry the disc again.
                          I think dvdfab only supports only one graphics card
                          At a time.

Comment

Seems to be similar problem: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...opy-stuttering

I'm having that lags aswell since DVDFab 10.x ...

This happens when converting any BD50 to BD25 only. (2D-Mode, 3D has less lags).
                            Playing the image on a Softwareplayer (VLC, PowerDVD etc...) or the burned BD makes no differece...
                            Playing it on my mediaplayer : same.
                            Playing burned BD on BluRay-player : same.

But: using this image as a source and ripping the movie to MKV or AVI : flawless playing !!

So, the problem is not in the movie itself, but in the way the data is packed/muxed it seems...
                            Last edited by Jeppa; 09-29-2018, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeppa View Post
                              Seems to be similar problem: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...opy-stuttering

I'm having that lags aswell since DVDFab 10.x ...

This happens when converting any BD50 to BD25 only. (2D-Mode, 3D has less lags).
                              Playing the image on a Softwareplayer (VLC, PowerDVD etc...) or the burned BD makes no differece...
                              Playing it on my mediaplayer : same.
                              Playing burned BD on BluRay-player : same.

But: using this image as a source and ripping the movie to MKV or AVI : flawless playing !!

So, the problem is not in the movie itself, but in the way the data is packed/muxed it seems...
                              Please specify the movie you have problem with. Movie name, its released country, an URL where we can purchased the movie disc. (Or please use Copy-Clone mode to create an iso file and upload it to our FTP site, we will download it to try it out)

Also, please post the latest dvdfab_internal.log file, we need the log session regarding the problematic source, also fabcheck_internal.log file.

Regards,
                              Mona

Comment

Working...
                              X