Can't change default output directory V11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't change default output directory V11

I've not been able to use v11 as yet as I can't change the default output which is currently set to my slim ssd, every time I attempt to change dvdfab just crashes

We cannot duplicate the problem. Please right click on DVDFab 11 icon on the desktop, choose "Run as Administrator", then run again to change and see the result.

Where do you want to change it to? Please be specific, so we can follow your steps to reproduce the issue.

Still fails, please send us dvdfab_internal log as attachment for troubleshooting, the default location for log file is: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab11\Log

Comment

Not sure if you mean the temp file storage or the location for DVDFab to write its output files. For the temp files, do as Ashley suggested in Common Settings->General. For the output files, see the capture below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-011 CHANGE TARGET.png
Views:	715
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	365919

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

it's the save to path, I click the browse icon, the window pops up showing directories and drives and as soon as I start scrolling down to select the other (non ssd) drive it dies

Comment

Originally posted by loggin View Post
          it's the save to path, I click the browse icon, the window pops up showing directories and drives and as soon as I start scrolling down to select the other (non ssd) drive it dies
          try clicking common settings - general settings - in the general settings area, click
          the default settings button in the lower left corner of the general settings area
          restart dvdfab and retry changing the default output directory.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try clicking common settings - general settings - in the general settings area, click
            the default settings button in the lower left corner of the general settings area
            restart dvdfab and retry changing the default output directory.
            yeah, nah, that didn't do a thing to help, hadn't changed any of the default settings as yet anyway and normally don't have to, I'll give the old uninstall and reinstall a try as 10 is now having problems opening a couple of my newer discs but 11 does open them

Comment

nope reinstalling didn't work either

Comment

ok I've been able to hack my way round it by editing the config xml file directly, obviously not ideal though, it's just the browse dialog seems to trigger the crash, I've been sending the crash reports so hopefully you can find and see these and get to the bottom of it

Comment

Working...
                X