Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extremely slow speed (can't get pass 12%)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely slow speed (can't get pass 12%)

Hello
    I'm new here so I hope so someone can help me.
    I recently bought a new PC (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz) and I decided to try DVDFab so I downloaded the newest trail version (v11.0.5.4 (Win) ).
    I tried to make the first Blu-ray Copy yesterday, however for whatever reason, copy speed was extremely slow - firstly it showed 15 hours for less than 30GB disc, then it got to 4 hours, but I just couldn't get above 2 MB/s speed and pass 12%. I know my system isn't super fast but it works pretty good and fast with other softwares.
    I would appreciate any help.
    Attached Files

Hi seamus, sorry you had a problem when trying DVDFab, the log looks normal so this would normally indicate a problem on your PC, related to possibly the BD optical drive or its ability to read the disc at normal speed. Please try a different disc than Child's Play and see if the results are the same. Typical speeds for BDs on LG drives (USB or internal) start at 7-8 MB/s and peak at 18-24 MB/s when the drive is reading near the edge of the disc and certainly can be copied in less than an hour if you are writing to a HDD folder. I would also suggest that with an i5 that you be careful of multitasking if you want optimum speed performance. Please share your results with a different title.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Alright, so I tried another disc (Mean Girls) and got the same results: 13%, 2 MB/s speed and almost 5 hours to finish. However, I also tried a trial version of Passkey and managed to get full copy in about 1 hour so I guess my optical drive is able to read the disc at pretty good speed. I have no idea what could be a problem...

Comment

I will ask the developers to check this for you. Please follow these guidelines in the future for posting images in the forum: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...in-forum-posts I removed the one you posted since it was illegible and not really necessary for diagnosis. Passkey is a handy tool.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Oh, I see, I'm sorry...
          Thank you very much.

Comment

It's OK, no problem. If you click the "+Subscribe" button near the top of this thread, the forum will notify you when someone replies.

Comment

@seamus, please update to the latest DVDFab v11.0.6.5, run it as administrator to try again. If still have problem, please post the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X