Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 BD Burners, 3 computers, same error. Logs attached. Media issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 BD Burners, 3 computers, same error. Logs attached. Media issue?

I have three different new high spec'd computers with Win10. Everything is updated. have an asus bw-16d1x-u BD Writer and an LG BU40N writer. I'm using BD COPY to copy from the unit to the SSD and back to a blank disc on the same unit. BD Copy reads, copies to hard drive, and then copies to blank disc and then at the very end, I get a READ ERROR. I am wondering if it could be my media and or my settings. I am using KODAK 6X BD25 discs. I can't figure out how to slow down the burning speed. Maybe the problem is the media. Can anyone recommend a compatible yet affordable BD25 and also BD50 media, if that is my problem? Thank you!
    Attached Files

What is producing the read error, DVDFab or your player? The log for Instant Family does not show any read errors. If you think you have a burning issue (that log was also good) write/compress your disc to a BDMV folder on your HDD, then try using ImgBurn standalone in Build mode to make the image and burn it, setting the write speed manually to 2X.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

In my experience, some standalone players do not handle BD50 media too well, even when burned at 2x. I have always used Verbatim discs (both BD25 and BD50) and have no problems with BD25 discs, but some BD50 discs freeze/stutter at the 'layer break' of BD50s on some players. LG recommends Panasonic discs for DL media for my burners (all 3 are LG WH14NS40 - SVC50), but those are expensive and hard to find. Check your manual to see what media is recommended for your particular burner. If you have access to a different player(s), try the problematic discs on another unit. I have a Sony BDP-S6500 which is problematic (exchanged while it was still under warranty, with same problem afterwards) but my BDP-S6700 shows no problems. I also have access to friends' Panasonic player (no problems) and Samsung player (some problems). All problematic discs verify and play fine using the same burner to read via software player on my PC, so it could likely be a combined media/player compatibility issue. Just my own experiences.

Comment

Working...
      X