Movie skipping and verify fails.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie skipping and verify fails.

Hi everyone. I've been using DVDFab for as long as I can remember, lifetime license. For a while now I've been burning discs that skip and freeze. The last one (Spectre) I did a verify, and the verify failed, also the movie skips on my PC, and on my player, a Samsung KS8500. My burner is an LG WH14NS40N version 1.03 bought a year ago. My DVDFab version is 11.0.6.9. I'm using Verbatim discs. Quite a few of my burns lately have been skipping/freezing to one degree, or another. I've had such little trouble in the last 15 years, or so, that I'm not technically savvy. Please help. Thanks.

try slowing down your burn speed to 4x and see if that helps.

Comment

I would also consider cleaning the lens in your drive, at least try blowing it out with a can of compressed air.

Attach the DVDFab burn log to a new post, it may show something.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

OK i went to the "help us help you" post to see how to do that. I think I just copy and paste. Anyhow I'll give it a go. Thanks.

Attached Files
        Last edited by Rex; 01-25-2020, 03:52 AM.

Comment

I don't know if I did that right. I have no idea about logs. Like I say the last time I had a problem was in 2012 when I created this profile I'm very sorry to be such a newb at the mechanic of this.

Comment

I started getting bad burns when I updated to version 11.0.6.9
            Had to go back to version 11.0.6.6 and now ok
            You may have to go back farther
            Make sure you do a full install
            Good Luck

Comment

I may try that mlipar, if nothing else works. Thanks.

Comment

Try using the free image burn program it can also be selected in Fab for dvds or blu ray burning if you have it on the hard drive just select it as burn engine in fab settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post
                  OK i went to the "help us help you" post to see how to do that. I think I just copy and paste. Anyhow I'll give it a go. Thanks.
                  rex, see the link in my sig for tips on supplying logs. If you try ImgBurn from within DVDFab, set the burn speed manually, not to “recommended”, which is almost always too fast for most blank media.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok I used ImgBurn to burn the disc and it was better. I burned one at 2x, and one at 4x, both were the same, there is a very slight stutter on panning scenes, but not enough to notice on regular scenes. . . Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X