Dolby True HD or DTS-HD Sound Track playback Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolby True HD or DTS-HD Sound Track playback Issues

I am a DVDFab BluRay copy User since several years and did not have too many issues with the Product. Yet, the last 2 copies I did on last 22nd and 23rd of January.

(after having renewed my license for 2 years and upgraded to the latest version), I encountered major Soundtrack playback issues on my Sony BDP-S780: the

Sound constantly cutting off or even going away completely. There were also lots of video compression artifacts. Soundtrack issues do not occur when playing

the copies on my Panasonic DMP-BT220, though.
    This happened with "Gemini Man" (2019) (Dobly True HD sound track) and "Black and Blue" (2019) (DTS-HD Master soundtrack).
    Same Issue just occurred with the "Harriet" Bluray movie Disc.
    Trying to play the copy Disc on a PS-4 not only resulted in some of the same soundtrack playback Issues, sound going off completely for instance, at the beginning, but shortly after it eventually turned into "Cannot play this disc. Invalid Disc." error thrown by the PS-4.

Prior copy of "Rambo: Last Blood" done on 25th of Jan. did not have this Issue.

If playing the original discs on the same players, there is no Issue.

No new Windows video or DVD Player software updates done since 25-01/

Other users with certain Sony players have reported this also. The cause is unknown at this time, but will be investigated. Please attach the DVDFab internal log from Gemini Man. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, below this post.

I have moved your thread, you posted it in the wrong place.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

FOLLOWUP:
      I have just tested the Gemini Man Blu-ray and it copies and plays fine on a pc using PowerDVD 19, a licensed player, so the processing of the disc is OK, you may have a burn problem (high error rate caused by burning speed too high or bad media). You might try writing the disc to a HDD folder and then build the image and burn it with ImgBurn in standalone mode. Set the burn speed to 2-4x and turn on the OPC feature so that Img can test the reflectivity of the blank media and optimize the burn.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Please note, I also cannot make a usable copy of Gemini Man or Harriet.
        As of today add "The Good Liar"
        Until this point in time I have made over 30 perfect copies.
        With these three
        1. I made full disc using 50 gb disc
        2. I made movie only using 50 gb disc
        3.I made movie only using 25 gb disc
        4 I made a dvd copy of the blu ray.

On each, the blank disc type, brand name same, same batch
        The original played ok.
        The copies all had sound problems in beginning, slight picture jitter, As movie got to the middle picture got worse.skipped portions
        In Harriet's case the movie picture deteriorated at exactly the same spot !:07 into film.
        The copies were all played back on three devices, bluray player, ultra blu pay, computer
        On the computer the film did not jitter or breakup, It skipped section entirely.

We have a problem

Comment

Working...
        X