Read Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read Errors

I have been using DVDFab Blu-ray Copy for many years. I have never had any Read Error problems until yesterday. It happened with 3 new Blu-ray discs; "Ford v Ferrari", "Jojo Rabbit", "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood". Every disc gave me the read error pop-up. I selected Ignore all and was able to rip the discs but at the end of the process it said that that there were read errors and the disc may not be readable(paraphrasing).

I tried to burn the movies using ImgBurn which I have used for years and it would not burn the movies. Gave me read errors.

I know it is not the discs as they are brand new, no scratches, skuffs,etc. I even got an older disc "The Last Jedi" and got the same read errors.

I have a Pioneer BDR-209DBK burner which has been working flawlessly for years as well. The movies will play fine on the computer.

I'm not sure what to do next. I do have the latest version v11.0.7.4. I am using a Dell XPS Desktop computer and Windows 10 OS.

I'm sure the next question will be to give the log file, but I did not save it. Hopefully it is not my Pioneer going bad and maybe a quick fix.

Thanks.

Read a post form 12/6/19 about renaming FabProcess.exe file. Have not tried that yet to see if that will work for me. Is there a fix still pending for this issue?
    Thanks.

Comment

Ignore fixes in old threads like that. You need to supply the DVDFab internal log session for each of the discs so they can be checked. The logs are automatically saved unless you manually delete them. Can’t help you without them.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Ignore fixes in old threads like that. You need to supply the DVDFab internal log session for each of the discs so they can be checked. The logs are automatically saved unless you manually delete them. Can’t help you without them.
        I will upload the log files as soon as I can.

Thanks.

Comment

Here is the Log file for "Ford V Ferrari". The other 2; "Jojo Rabbit" and "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" say they are too large to upload? They are only 237KB and 503KB.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by jayt; 02-22-2020, 04:36 PM.

Comment

I renamed the FabProcess.exe file and each disc copied successfully. Below is from a previous thread.

To help us check the issue, please do these:
            1. Please go to where you install DVDFab 11, find the fabprocess.exe, rename this file to load the movie to try again and see if it will make a difference.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	rename fab process.jpg Views:	6 Size:	59.2 KB ID:	375505

2. If still have problem, please post the dvdfab_internal log session as well, thanks.

Comment

Interesting that this hasn't come up more often as an issue. Considering it happened with multiple discs. Wondering if each time I upgrade to a newer version I will have to rename the FabProcess file? Thoughts?

Comment

Sorry about it. It's a drive certificate issue, we are working on it, please kindly wait, thank you.

Comment

Similar to the original poster, I was getting read errors for JoJo Rabbit. I had been on 11.0.8.2 (?) and since upgraded to Mac DVDFab 11.0.8.6 (30/04/2020). In either case as soon as the Main Movie copy task begins it fails immediately. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Thaedron View Post
                    Similar to the original poster, I was getting read errors for JoJo Rabbit. I had been on 11.0.8.2 (?) and since upgraded to Mac DVDFab 11.0.8.6 (30/04/2020). In either case as soon as the Main Movie copy task begins it fails immediately. Any suggestions?
                    Log file is needed to help address the issue. Please refer to this post to send log file and attach the feedback ID here: DVDFab Forum - Log Files Help Our Developers Troubleshoot Your Problems Quickly

>>>>Just notice that you have started a new thread already. Updates will be on
                    https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/software-support-english/dvdfab-blu-ray-copy/382063-dvdfab-v11-0-8-6-mac-jojo-rabbit-copy-issues

Comment

Working...
                    X