Toy Story 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toy Story 4

Have tried to make a full copy (iso) of Toy Story 4 Blu-ray.

It looks like my blu-ray drive reads heavily on the disk when inserted but stops after some time. Nigher DVDFab or windows see there is a disk in the drive so I guess my drive just gives up reading the disk, maybe due to read errors (I don't know, just guessing!).
    Looking in dvdfab_internal.log it looks like the disk insert was never detected.

I know I can't blame DVDFab for not being able to copy the disk if my drive does not say a disk has been inserted. On the other hand - if this is a trick to prevent disk coping and it spreads to many new blu-rays it will become a problem for all, not just me - and also for DVDFab.

I got my disk replaced to see if that helped... Nope same problem! And yes it works fine on my blu-ray player so the disk is not unusable, it works fine for what it was designed for, playing on a blu-ray player.

Any tips I could try ?
    Can I buy another blu-ray drive for my computer that might read this disk ? (I have a ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.03 and it has worked fine on all my other disks)
    In that case, what drive should I buy instead ?

I have noted that DVDFab says that my drive firmware 3.03 is not UHD friendly and suggest a firmware downgrade. But if it's only a UHD question I don't want to downgrade as I do not have any UHD disks.

Please attach the internal log you mentioned.

Mocing your thread to the Blu-ray Copy forum.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sure, here we go.
      Attached Files

Comment

The log file doesn't show any reading attempt of this movie disc. Please open the original movie disc in Windows Explorer, make a folder containing everything in the disc volume EXCEPT those .m2ts files under \...BDMV\Stream, zip it and upload it to our FTP site. Please check PM for FTP info. Thanks.

Comment

As stated in the first post - but maybe not clearly :

When the disk in inserted the drive it is read heavy for some minutes then the reading stops and windows (ei. windows file explorer) can't see a disk in the drive, nigher can DVDFab. But the disk plays fine in a Blu-ray player, I have now tried the disk in 3 players and all worked fine. And I have got the disk replaced with another copy but the problem is the same, plays well on a Blu-ray player but can't be read in my PC Blu-ray drive.

If more disk in the future act like this ripping will be impossible, at least with DVDFab.

And that's why I asked if buying another Blu-ray drive for my PC would help, and if so... does any one know a drive that are better than others. My drive is a ASUS BW-16D1HT.

Comment

Originally posted by DK-User View Post
            As stated in the first post - but maybe not clearly :

When the disk in inserted the drive it is read heavy for some minutes then the reading stops and windows (ei. windows file explorer) can't see a disk in the drive, nigher can DVDFab. But the disk plays fine in a Blu-ray player, I have now tried the disk in 3 players and all worked fine. And I have got the disk replaced with another copy but the problem is the same, plays well on a Blu-ray player but can't be read in my PC Blu-ray drive.

If more disk in the future act like this ripping will be impossible, at least with DVDFab.

And that's why I asked if buying another Blu-ray drive for my PC would help, and if so... does any one know a drive that are better than others. My drive is a ASUS BW-16D1HT.
            try uninstalling your computers dvd drive, restart your computer and let windows reinstall the drive.
            then retry your disc and see if it'll read it.

Comment

@october262:

Even if my drive works fine on the 100+ Blu-rays it has ripped ? It's only this movie I got that problem on.
              If you still think it could help I will try it for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by DK-User View Post
                @october262:

Even if my drive works fine on the 100+ Blu-rays it has ripped ? It's only this movie I got that problem on.
                If you still think it could help I will try it for sure!
                go ahead and uninstall the drive and let windows reinstall the drive, it should resolve any disc reading errors you may get.

Comment

@october262:

Tried to delete (uninstall) the driver and let windows find new hardware and install the driver again. Didn't change anything, still just reads/seeks on this one disk for some time and then gives up.
                  But thanks for the tip anyway!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X