blu-ray to DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blu-ray to DVD

how do I copy blu-ray movie to a regular DVD disk?

You select BD9 or BD5 as the output size. These will burn to a regular DVD-9 DL or SL disc, but will not play on a DVD player, only a Blu-ray player.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

signals, i think he meant converting BD format to DVD format.
      人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
      Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Hi kenwyzard,

If you want to copy to DVD disc, and play it on Blu-ray player, you can copy it to BD9 or BD5.

If you want to play it on DVD player, sorry, it's not available for now, but it's on our todo list.

Best Regards,
        Fengtao
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Why would you want to do that? Low tech.

Comment

Because many people have multiple DVD players in the house but only one Blu-Ray player.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi guys, this has now been on the to-do list for almost 6 months I believe. Any news when it will be available ??????? I too have only one blu-ray player but many dvd players round the house, so this feature would be extremely useful.

Comment

hows the quality on converting it to a BD5 or BD9 format? is it a major loss?

Comment

Originally posted by rudi View Post
                  Hi guys, this has now been on the to-do list for almost 6 months I believe. Any news when it will be available ??????? I too have only one blu-ray player but many dvd players round the house, so this feature would be extremely useful.
                  He said it on the todo list so no time frame when available could be another year or longer or could be tomorrow but when it available you will know

Comment

Originally posted by Stigmata View Post
                    from what I read and heard it still better quality than DVD but the only way to see if it better quality for you is to give it a try and see. Everyone has a quality they like and the quality they think is acceptable might not be a quality you find acceptable which is why you should give it a try to see

Comment

AGJ I like how you put it. I have been having mixed feelings about doing this. I mean why would you want to compress so much to a standard dvd when you bought a blu-ray player to watch uncompressed video and hear uncompressed audio. However i still would compress a blu to a standard DVD if it could play in a standard dvd player. Which I believe is the #2 most requested feature.
                      Lancool K-56 case.
                      OCZ 700watt PSU.
                      MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                      AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
                      ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
                      16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
                      OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                      WD 2TB.
                      EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                      LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Originally posted by Stigmata View Post
                        Of course it's a loss. DVDFab is a "cookie cutter" software with only two variables - bitrate and file size. It's a mass-production for mass-consumption software - a very good one, IMO. Conversion, encoding, compression and other manipulation with a video is an Art!!! You have to have an intimate knowledge how codecs work to tweak them right, apply right settings, etc., etc. And if you do know how it's done, you would know that DVDFab isn't right software for it - there are others (freeware, BTW).
                        DVDFab, on the other hand will give you quick processing with desired result. BTW, DVDFab as far as I know is the only this kind of software, that has CUDA capabilities. That means, developers are very serious about their product and putting a lot of effort to re-write libraries.
                        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
                        X