This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
    I have CoreAVC, and I'm happy with it. Speed isn't it.... there are other parameters in performance - quality for instance. CoreAVC seems handle tweaks better, with greater precision. IMO.
    And yes, W&B you're right again - speed is same with either CoreAVC or CUDA codec. Unfortunately, settings for any codec in v.7 isn't ideal, to say at least.
    You're right.
    I'd like to see someone post their results with a 'plain jane pc' who only has onboard graphics. (quality and speed ect)

Comment

I did a sample the other night both with the same title. The first was strictly CUDA and my process rate was around 7MB/s the next pass was CoreAVC and process rate was around 5.2 MB/s so on my system CUDA was definately faster. As far as quality I only burnt one copy, so I have nothing for comparison. The odd thing is when doing the CUDA (hardware based acceleration)my CPU was utilized at 100% on all four cores. When I did the CoreAvc CPU was at 60%. To me I would think the CoreAVC process would improve if the CPU was fully utilized.

@ W&B
      I'm not surprised that Nvidia recommends your GPU fan be at 100%. Nvidia tends to be a bit sloppy in their chip fabrication. Their chips tend to have alot of "leaks" basically bad transistors that leak electricity. There are two solutions either you cut that block off reducing your number of stream processors or you crank up the voltage to compensate for the leak. More volts=more heat therefore faster noisy fans are needed to cool them.
      AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
      4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
      ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
      2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
      LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
      Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

I bought today a ASUS GeForce GT275. I activated CUDA and started compressing Inglorious Bastards. On my old system (E6600 with ATI GT1950GTX) it took more then 6 hours. My new i7 920@2.66 2h15min, 920@3.10 1h45min both with the ATI card. Tonight with the GeForce GT750 and the CPU 920@3.10 1h40min without CUDA and an amazing 1h05min with CUDA !That was about 7MB/s.

The test with the ATI cards was with DVDFab6, the GeForce was tested with DVDFab7.
        Computer: Windows 7 x64 - Intel i7 920@3.1 - 6Gb DDR3@1.866 - ASUS GeForce GT275 - ASUS P6T Deluxe V2- LG BD writer (BH08LS20)

Storage: Conceptronic CH3SNAS / 3TB

Hometheator: Marantz SR8002, DV7001, CD6002, RC9200, Rotel RB-991, Apple TV, PopCorn C-200, Pioneer PDP-6080D, BDP-51FD, Wharfedale Opus 2, Opus Tri-Center, 4 x Opus Tri-Surround, SVS PB12-Plus, Belkin PureAV PF40

Comment

Finally got video card that is recognized. nVidia 9800GT. Got CoreAVC software. No difference than before running latest release. 1.8-2 Mb/s. GPU load at 30%. CPU load at 80%. CPU's are doing almost all the work. I think that's the case with people getting great performance. Probably have quad cores. I have dual. I have seen 3 to 4 times performance with CUDA acceleration on other apps but not with DvdFab. Needs work or knowledgeable programmer. Uh oh. Power fading. Got to go. Duck.

Comment

Originally posted by dmeerpa View Post
            I bought today a ASUS GeForce GT275. I activated CUDA and started compressing Inglorious Bastards. On my old system (E6600 with ATI GT1950GTX) it took more then 6 hours. My new i7 920@2.66 2h15min, 920@3.10 1h45min both with the ATI card. Tonight with the GeForce GT750 and the CPU 920@3.10 1h40min without CUDA and an amazing 1h05min with CUDA !That was about 7MB/s.

The test with the ATI cards was with DVDFab6, the GeForce was tested with DVDFab7.
            That is excellent performance. Congratulations. You should experiment with the GPU settings to see if you can get further improvement. Please post the results.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

q6600
              nvidia 9800gtx

v 6 took me 3 hrs
              v7 took me 2 hrs

Comment

Originally posted by drobo View Post
                Finally got video card that is recognized. nVidia 9800GT. Got CoreAVC software. No difference than before running latest release. 1.8-2 Mb/s. GPU load at 30%. CPU load at 80%. CPU's are doing almost all the work. I think that's the case with people getting great performance. Probably have quad cores. I have dual. I have seen 3 to 4 times performance with CUDA acceleration on other apps but not with DvdFab. Needs work or knowledgeable programmer. Uh oh. Power fading. Got to go. Duck.
                without CUDA 1h45min
                with CUDA 1h05min

that is about 40% faster on my system, and I still need to overclock the GPU....
                Computer: Windows 7 x64 - Intel i7 920@3.1 - 6Gb DDR3@1.866 - ASUS GeForce GT275 - ASUS P6T Deluxe V2- LG BD writer (BH08LS20)

Hometheator: Marantz SR8002, DV7001, CD6002, RC9200, Rotel RB-991, Apple TV, PopCorn C-200, Pioneer PDP-6080D, BDP-51FD, Wharfedale Opus 2, Opus Tri-Center, 4 x Opus Tri-Surround, SVS PB12-Plus, Belkin PureAV PF40

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  That is excellent performance. Congratulations. You should experiment with the GPU settings to see if you can get further improvement. Please post the results.
                  Thanks.

The source iso was on my NAS that is connected via 100Mbit UTP. I think the network could become the bottleneck, since the process is faster then real-time playback. Maybe I have to copy the movie first to a local disk so that I'm sure the network isn't a bottleneck.

I will but first I will run it a couple of days at default values to see if there is no hardware problem.
                  When I'm sure everything looks fine I will play with GPU settings and overclocking the GPU.

Only thing I don't understand, with the ATI card I got Catalyst to adapt Video settings. With the Nvidia I do not find an alternative tool that was installed with the graphics driver.
                  Last edited by dmeerpa; 04-01-2010, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dmeerpa View Post
                    With the Nvidia I do not find an alternative tool that was installed with the graphics driver.
                    Try MSI Afterburner or RivaTuner. Google it.
                    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
                    X