Full Copy to BD50 vs Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Copy to BD50 vs Clone

I just started using Blu-ray Copy. Full Disc Copy to BD50 in .iso form appeared to be what I wanted: a complete digital backup version of my original discs. I played them successfully using VLC, and all the menu options were there. Then I discovered the 1:1 clone to .iso option. what's the difference?

Originally posted by Jesse Custer View Post
    I just started using Blu-ray Copy. Full Disc Copy to BD50 in .iso form appeared to be what I wanted: a complete digital backup version of my original discs. I played them successfully using VLC, and all the menu options were there. Then I discovered the 1:1 clone to .iso option. what's the difference?
    Clone: Make perfect 1:1 Blu-ray clone.
    Full Disc: Make perfect 1:1 Blu-ray copy or you can save space by choosing to remove HD audio or compress to bd25

"Full Disc" means all Titles on the disc are copied, but they may be compressed. It is not a bit-for-bit copy like Clone mode, which cannot be compressed and requires a disc the same size as the one you are copying.

Comment

so Clone is what I'm after, but I might not notice the difference between that and Full Disc to BD50 (compared to say BD25). Perfect, thanks!

Comment

Both are digital copies, clone is read from the original disc by sectors not by a playlist as Full Disc. You can still make an iso output of Full Disc but I doubt you could notice any difference. One type may have advantages over the other depending on the type of copy protection used on the disc and the size of the blank discs you have available.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X