This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Disney file structure?

Anyone have Movie Only success with Princess and the frog and Ponyo? I get a folder with multiple video files instead of just one. When played in PS3, it shows as a data disc and the files play out of order.

Describe the contents and name of the folder with the video files.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

In DVD or blu ray format?

As DVDs, both those movies can be copied (main movie only) using the latest beta version of DVDfab. Note that version 6 might work also, I just happen to have the latest beta installed.

I had to use DVDshrink 3.2 to re-author them (by selecting the 1st title only).

Burning the newly re-authored DVD works just fine.

Please note that I am mentioning the other 3rd party product here because I know from reading a previous release note from the DVDFab team tries to make their software compatible with that product. So I trust they won't mind if I mention it here. Cheers!

Comment

I have a folder BDMV, with a sub folder STREAM and inside there are 23 video files AVCHD numbered 00100 to 00152.

Comment

I also get this with Ponyo. (Same issue with Monsters Inc too).

with Ponyo, I have 9 m2ts files:
          00003.m2ts thru 00011.m2ts

I guess I'll rip the dvd that comes with the set until it is resolved...

Comment

Ponyo worked fine for me, I'm still having an issue with Princess and the Frog. It copies fine, the movie stops in the middle of viewing it.

Comment

I ended up using dvdfab to rip them, and then "Rebuilt" them into BDMV file structure with just 1 m2ts file. they both work great.

Comment

what do you mean by "rebuild" into file structure?

Comment

Originally posted by Bendit View Post
                  He is referring to another software product and is being careful not to violate the General Policies here.

Comment

More and more discs are using what I believe is referred to as "seamless branching." These discs are a pain if you are looking for a single .m2ts file. Fortunately there are a couple of tools that make this possible. Google "join .m2ts files" or "m2ts seamless branching" and see what comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendit View Post
                      PM sent Good Luck

Comment

Is dvd fab going to support merging these blu-ray files? It does it for dvds and I don't grok why it isn't happening for blu-rays. I just want to know if it is on the to-do list or if I need to install a separate prog to do this.

Comment

movie split up due to different languages

I did this blu ray already, movie only on bd25. It plays fine on my blu ray player or computer. Just the movie is in many little pieces because Disney likes to have the words on screen in the same audio language that you select on the full disc version(english,spanish or french). When you do movie only, you have to choose the "angle"(what spoken language you want to see on your screen) and compile. Dvdfab will pull out all the little pieces for you and will get the complete movie only. As i recall this movie required no compression.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will look into that and see if it works.

Comment

jmax8138: I do not want a bunch of little pieces. I was wanting one file. When I play multiple pieces on my popcorn hour it is not seamless. The question still stands. Is dvdfab going to support merging m2ts files together into one file or do I need to download/purchase a separate product to do this?

Comment

Working...
                              X