This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What discs?

I'm just wondering what blu-ray discs you guys are using to burn onto?
    I keep getting a 122 error. So I'm guessing it's the disc. I'm using a Pioneer BDR-205.
    I can burn data discs on mine fine, just movies I can't or some reason!

122 HWS_FAILED_CALIBRATING 22 // Write failed at the beginning of the media (often a media that is poorly supported by the drive)

14:50:57: Analyzing started
    14:50:57: Analyzing completed successfully
    14:50:57: Copy process started
    14:50:57: Source( 00020.m2ts )

19:02:48: Copy process completed successfully
    19:09:22: Burn DVD folder (C:\Users\***\Documents\DVDFab\Temp\MainMovie\THE_ HURT_LOCKER\) started
    19:12:40: Task_2 failed! Error=122

I've also just found this error???

2010-03-27 19:12:31 Error WRITE FAILED: Can't find write strategy at sector 4576
    2010-03-27 19:12:30 Error Write error at 4560 (16) - Code 06 29 00 [Unit attention, Power On or Bus device reset occured]

Is it the discs?

Comment

When last time you updated driver for your drive?
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
        When last time you updated driver for your drive?
        I never have... But I believe I have the latest firmware. 1.04
        I have ordered some other discs.

I'm now trying to use the "write data" in Blu-ray to Blu-ray and it seemed to work, it did about 64% and then failed with 116 error.
        When I went to burn it asked what speed I wanted to burn at. It gave a range of options, ranging from fastest to slowest, with I think 24x, 20x down to 6x. The speeds seemed weird as the drive can burn at 12x but the discs are 4x. So I chose the slowest available 6x but it's burning at 1.2x?

Comment

Slammed
          Your firmware is up to date.
          Do you have ImgBurn installed? Have you tried installing it and burning with that? You will find it here with a tutorial on how to set it up
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I can burn data discs with pics and music no problems. It's just when I use DVDfab that I have the problems.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
              Slammed
              Your firmware is up to date.
              Do you have ImgBurn installed? Have you tried installing it and burning with that? You will find it here with a tutorial on how to set it up

Ah ok, I did read about it and downloaded it but i didn't know how to get it to work. The software itself only seemed to burn images. I'll give it a go. Thanks

Comment

Slammed
                ImgBurn is much better than the VSO burn engine in Fab and when set up correctly there will be no extra steps to take in having them work together, it's worth a shot.
                Also rule of thumb is to burn at 1/2 the rated speed of the disc's you are using unless your using quality media you can burn faster.
                Last edited by CBR929; 03-28-2010, 06:28 PM.
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

OK, I gave that a go, and it burned the whole lot onto the disc. I've stuck it into the PS3 and it plays! Result. Thanks!
                  However it's a little jerky, it plays fine on the PC (the original file).
                  I'm going to try burning at 2x. See what happens.
                  Not perfect, but we have progress. :-)
                  Last edited by Slammed; 03-28-2010, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Slammed
                    Glad to hear you have some progress.

Comment

I must be doing something wrong as it seems to be burning very fast!
                      I did everything it says in the tutorial but where it says I should have an area that says AUTO, I have AWS, MAX and a range of speeds..... strange!

Here is a screen shot of mine doing the business.

I think I need to do a bit more tinkering!

Comment

Here is a link below with a YouTube video on how to set up ImgBurn to work with DVDFab a fellow DVDFab user created the video and post as well

Comment

Try ImgBurn instead, see if it knows how to cope with the media. Check and see if there is a firmware upadate available for your drive.

//EDIT// I see that you did. Reduce the burn speed, I doubt the drive or the media support 10X.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Slammed
                            Put your blank disc in your drive open up ImgBurn on the top where it says Mode click Write now on the bottom settings write speed click AWS then click the Little green man to the right on the next screen you will see your Disc ID click that and it should go down to the Settings Disc ID box select your write speed then click ADD if it already has a speed selected click UPDATE click OK then just follow the rest of the tutorial from 9-15 and you should be all set.

You will follow these same instructions if you buy a different brand of disc's also.
                            Hope this helps you CBR929

Comment

OK, I've done all of this now and it looks like it's burning slower (6x) but it's not perfect.
                              I'm sure this has something to do with the fact that when I go into DVDfab and try to burn the file I've previously ripped onto my hard drive, it asks me to select drive speed. This overwrites the previous setting set on Imageburn.
                              It give me a few options...

I have tried a few settings here, all with jittery results (the best being slowest as it does it at 6x but the video still jumps about when played) Recommended also does it at 6x till about half way through the burn and it drops to 4x. I'm trying to get it to burn at 2x.
                              What are people pressing when they see this?
                              Thanks once again for everyone's help!

Comment

Working...
                              X