X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab in corporate networks?

Hi everyone,

I just pruchased DVDFab v7.0.3.0 (DVD to DVD and Blu-ray to Blu-ray). I've been trying to backup Paranormal Activity (Region B) but I keep getting the following error:

"Internet is required to open this Blu-ray disc. If you have firewall software installed, please configure it to allow DVDFab to access the internet."

DVDFab is installed on Windows 7 behind a corporate firewall. DVDFab 7 has been allowed through the Windows 7 Firewall, and Manual Proxy Configuration settings have been defined in Common Settings -> Network.

"Check for Updates" work. Has anyone successfully run DVDFab 7 in a corporate network?

Internet access on the Windows 7 client is fine. I'm wondering if DVDFab 7 has a bug which affects Blu-ray key retrieval through coprporate firewalls.

Cheers
    Rod

FYI, here are the relevent logs from dvdfab_internal.log:

DVDFab 7.0.3.0 (2010/03/30 13:40:34)

0m 00.65s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 25.08s: detected blu-ray
    0m 25.10s: drive Z
    0m 25.10s: volume label PARANORMAL ACTIVITY
    0m 25.99s: root 039F7060 PARANORMAL ACTIVITY:PARANORMAL ACTIVITY:PARANORMAL ACTIVITY:PARANORMAL ACTIVITY
    0m 26.44s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
    0m 26.53s: got discinfo
    0m 26.56s: got bdmv
    0m 26.59s: got agid
    0m 26.67s: sent host cert chal
    0m 26.69s: got drive cert chal
    0m 26.73s: got drive key
    0m 27.39s: got host key signature
    0m 27.40s: verified drive signature
    0m 27.40s: verified host signature
    0m 27.45s: sent host signature and key point
    0m 27.45s: got bus key
    0m 28.09s: got volume id
    0m 28.11s: got volume id mac
    0m 28.11s: volume id is correct
    0m 28.11s: got vid

Cheers
    Rod

Comment

Uncheck the check for updates to see if that fixes the problem

Comment

No, it does not fix the problem. The error occurs during the "Open Blu-ray source" process.

Comment

Have you tried this with several BD discs and gotten the same message?
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This is the only disc I have here at work today to try.

I was thinking I might install WireShark and have a look at whether DVDFab 7 is ignoring the proxy settings and trying to connect to the internet using DNS.

Comment

If the network settings were "remembered" in Common Settings it should use them. See if it is and post the results. Sorry you are having trouble.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yeah, the network settings are remembered.

I've now confirmed that the issue is with DVDFab. A work colleague also has a DVDFab 7 licence... he took the Blu-ray disc home and had no trouble backing up the title using 7.0.3.0 and a direct internet connection.

(Speculation On!) It seems that the code that performs the Blu-ray key retrieval may be ignoring the proxy configuration. (Off!)

Do DVDFab developers read these forums? I'd dearly like this issue to be passed to them for review/comment. I'd be happy to act as a beta-tester for a patch (etc) to resolve this issue.

Cheers
                Rod

Comment

I guess there's not many people out there using DVDFab on networks with proxy servers

Should I be entitled to a refund? Requirements say "Internet Connection Required", but no mention of direct connection requirements.

Cheers
                  Rod

Comment

Originally posted by bigbod View Post
                    Should I be entitled to a refund?
                    Cheers
                    Rod
                    They have a 30 day free trial for you to test and try the program to see if it works like you want. If you buy it and find out it not what you want then you do not get a refund as they have a NO refund policy due to the fact they have a 30 day free trial for you to test and try the program. Below is a quote from the Buy Now page on the website

NOTE: All our products are sold as "try-before-you-buy" software. You can Try them 30 days for free, so you have enough time to verify the program's functionality. Fengtao Software Inc. doesn't refund your money if you are not satisfied with our products. We urge you to test it out before you buy it and hope you will want to join our thousands of satisfied users!
                    Here is link to the website page that has that notice as well http://www.dvdfab.net/order.htm

Edit: also I am sure if one of the Developers reads this thread they will look into this matter as they read the forum on a nightly basis
                    Last edited by AGJ; 03-31-2010, 07:38 AM. Reason: added more

Comment

I have a similar problem with DVDFab(any version).. I have two Internet connections, a dialup and a prepaid Broardband(USB). If I am using the BB and start DVDFab it drops the BB connection and tries to establish a connection through the dialup..If I am already using dial up and start DVDfab, all is fine. A nuisnace but I can live with it till I figure out why.

Anyone have any ideas??

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                        They have a 30 day free trial for you to test and try the program to see if it works like you want. If you buy it and find out it not what you want then you do not get a refund as they have a NO refund policy due to the fact they have a 30 day free trial for you to test and try the program.
                        Yes, I read the policy. I'm not sure if the policy would stand up legally where requirements have been stated in black and white, met, and the product does not work. Perhaps I'm guilty of shelling out my hard-earned too quickly, but it (should be) all about customer satisfaction in the end, not policy

Edit: also I am sure if one of the Developers reads this thread they will look into this matter as they read the forum on a nightly basis
                        Don't get me wrong... I appreciate the assistance from within the forum. Sadly, I've seen a very similar issue with software from a very well known hardware/software vendor which tooks years to be recognised and fixed.

Is there any way to report a bug and get feedback/confirmation that the issue is being looked at?

Cheers
                        Rod

Comment

you could try technical support here is link to website page for that http://www.dvdfab.com/contact.htm in the topic dropdown select technical support

Comment

Thanks, I've sent them a message.

Comment

you could try technical support here is link to website page for that http://www.dvdfab.com/contact.htm in the topic dropdown select technical support
                              Just an update... after contacting support I received a few initial repsonses from Sunny Fan to clarify the issue, which was eventually acknowledged. No further response since then, so I have no idea whether the issue is being/will be resolved.

To recap: DVD Fab (Blu-ray to Blu-ray) does not work in corporate environments where proxy servers are used to access the internet, despite support for proxy server configuration.

Comment

Working...
                              X