Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'll try to explain it in simplistic terms even though this can vary from disk to disk, depending on the authoring.

There can be various subtitles (or Subpictures) for a movie eg, English, French, Spanish, etc.

When you are using Fab in Main Movie mode, you can specify the default subpicture by clicking to the left of the subpicture box and a blue triangle will set the subpicture that you want as the default.

Forced subtitles are usually held within one of the subpicture streams (But I have seen them in a stream of their own).

In the case of Avatar on DVD, these forced subtitles are held in the "English" stream and I think it is the same on the BR version.

If you are thinking of the tickbox for "Forced Subtitles Only", this occurs only in the XX to Mobile modules.

What actually are you trying to do here? If you are just playing the streams you will not get subtitles.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

what i am trying to do iis back up my original avatar and i want to see the subtitles for the navi speaking parts of the movie in english but the ripped film whether it be main movie or full disk wont show the subs i have not burnt to a disk yet as i dont like wasting 50gb disks i have played the ripped movie back tjrough vlc ,mpc, movie thatre 3 and none display the subs of the ripped version yet all show the subs of the original blu ray ?

Comment

How are you playing the rip? You must play it back by opening the folder, not by just playing the stream files. For example, in MPC, you go File, Open Directory and then choose the top level directory of the rip.

better still, when you rip it, rip it as an ISO and then use Fab's Virtual drive to mount the ISO.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Main Movie and BD to Mobile MP4 forced subs all process correctly with v7.0.8.2, I just tried them. Look to your player or playback process.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

right will give it a go i have been going to stream file so everthings crossed

Comment

Working at long last

it finally worked made iso of movie then mounted it with virtual fab then it played back gr8 WITH SUBS
              now all ihave to do is set it up to burn with image burn and we should be cooking again thanx for all the advice to a newbie

Comment

CAN COMFIRM worked a treat now got subs also done main movie to bd25 no problem

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                  Sorry GINTER, I have no idea. I don't have PS3.
                  I got some 50 GB BL-RE discs. It works on the PS3 (in case anyone was wondering). No compression, no transcoding.

BTW, this is by far the best Blu-Ray that I've seen as far as screen-transfers go. No artifacts whatsoever. Pans smooth as a baby's bottom.
                  Last edited by GINTER; 07-24-2010, 02:53 AM.

Comment

I too have slight problem with avatar,unfortuenly i ripped to hard drive with no compression using 7.0.4.0,copying main movie is fine,but doing full disc results in no image at all on my ps3 and powerdvd,i created a iso of the full disc and with mpc i can open up and go through the directory and it plays all bit pieces fine.i see previously that only main movie was supported with 7.0.4.0 and that full disc is only supported with newer versions off dvdfab.
                    My question is it still posiible to get full disc from the rip of old dvdfab (7.0.4.0),or do i redo the whole disc using newer version of dvdfab.(currently on 7.0.8.0)
                    zia
                    Last edited by zia; 07-25-2010, 08:06 AM.

Comment

First off sorry if this info is posted somewhere else I looked but could not find it.

I am not having a problem ripping Avatar it seems to rip like a dream, great program by the way. I am having some odd playback issues. The movie plays fine till it gets to about 1:30 into the movie then it gets choppy and or the picture gets artifacts. I have tried Windows Media Player, VLC and power dvd 10. I just don't get why it plays great for the first half of the movie with no issues and the second half gets hosed. I have ripped it twice and am in the middle of a third try after doing some system updates to see if that will fix it but wanted to see if anyone else has seen this issue. Any ideas on this?

Comment

lurch68b: There was an issue with version 7.0.9.0 not taking out all the BD+(which is the protection Avatar has) so please update to new version 7.0.9.2 and re-rip it. That should fix your problem. If it doesn't, please provide the DVDFab logs. Read the "Help Us Help You" sticky for info on how to post logs.
                        SPECS
                        DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                        SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Originally posted by Racem22 View Post
                          lurch68b: There was an issue with version 7.0.9.0 not taking out all the BD+(which is the protection Avatar has) so please update to new version 7.0.9.2 and re-rip it. That should fix your problem. If it doesn't, please provide the DVDFab logs. Read the "Help Us Help You" sticky for info on how to post logs.
                          leave it to me to get an older version of the software when I just got it last night. Thanks will do.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch68b View Post
                            leave it to me to get an older version of the software when I just got it last night. Thanks will do.
                            Sweet, that fixed it. Thanks!!

Comment

No problem man. Glad it worked for ya.
                              SPECS
                              DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                              SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Working...
                              X