Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graphics Card Update Makes DVDFab encode Faster!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphics Card Update Makes DVDFab encode Faster!!

Hi

I thought this was cool for anyone who has an ATI graphics card and DVDFab.

I have a custom profile I use for bd2mkv. Normally a disc takes 3 hrs to encode. Now after installing the latest ATI 10.4 drivers it takes 2hrs!

I had a look at the changelog and I think it may have something to do with the following:

AMD video transcoding updates
    This release of ATI Catalystâ„¢ provides enhanced support for the Windows 7 Drag
    and Drop video converter
    o Performance improvements
    o New formats supported (H.264 file formats – MTS, and WMV9 Complex profile
    interlaced content)
    o ATI Catalystâ„¢ Control Center option for enabling/disabling GPU acceleration

Would any of this speed up the DVDFab process?

Other users have reported that firmware/driver updates for video cards have helped prevent crashes or solved other problems. Thanks for reporting this, I will move it to the Blu-ray forum so others that use the GPU functions will be likely to see it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

re

Can anyone else who updates to 10.4 with an ATI card confirm that Fab has been sped up for them please?

Comment

Hi master333,

I think the speed up is caused by DXVA decoder performance improvement with 10.4 driver.

Best Regards,
        Fengtao
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
        X