This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BluRay To BluRay - forced Subtitles

How can I select only to display the forced subtitles?

It's possible in BluRay to Mobile, but not in BluRay To BluRay.

There are 3 different german subtitles in the "Browser", but which one I have to select for the situtation, when the actors speak french.
    Last edited by DonkeyKong; 05-09-2010, 01:53 PM.

I have the same question. How can you keep forced subtitles in a blu-ray to blu-ray, movie only mode in movies like Avatar, 2012, Kill bill etc...

Comment

@DonkeyKong

You can take a look at your movie with MediaInfo, and it will show which one's forced.

Originally posted by DonkeyKong View Post
      How can I select only to display the forced subtitles?

It's possible in BluRay to Mobile, but not in BluRay To BluRay.

There are 3 different german subtitles in the "Browser", but which one I have to select for the situtation, when the actors speak french.
      Last edited by IPopov50; 05-13-2010, 02:35 PM.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

You don't have to do anything special (with rear exception) - DVDFab does it for you.

Originally posted by jedisinclair View Post
        I have the same question. How can you keep forced subtitles in a blu-ray to blu-ray, movie only mode in movies like Avatar, 2012, Kill bill etc...
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I have been mentioning this for weeks with no responses only click the flag at the left hand side (no good) for avatar subs. More and more titles are having subs like avatar and 2012 would be nice if the developer responded to this and says never will happen or working on it.

Comment

gadget man,
            please remind me what did you do and what you don't have (I'm talking about subs). What format are you talking about (BR, MKV, etc.)?

Originally posted by gadget man View Post
            I have been mentioning this for weeks with no responses only click the flag at the left hand side (no good) for avatar subs. More and more titles are having subs like avatar and 2012 would be nice if the developer responded to this and says never will happen or working on it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
              gadget man,
              please remind me what did you do and what you don't have (I'm talking about subs). What format are you talking about (BR, MKV, etc.)?
              Hi,
              blu-ray to blu-ray option backing up to HD just the main movie. Lets take Avatar i have tried different combination just to display the english subs when speaking in navi only. What happens is i get subs through out the movie which i do not want, any ideas? thanks.

Comment

I might have an idea for you, but first lets recreate the event. So, you compressed Avatar using "BR2BR, Main Movie" Is it Folder or ISO? Correct.... Then what you did with it? Did you burn it? How you confirmed there are no subs?

Hi,
                blu-ray to blu-ray option backing up to HD just the main movie. Lets take Avatar i have tried different combination just to display the english subs when speaking in navi only. What happens is i get subs through out the movie which i do not want, any ideas? thanks.
                sigpic

Comment

I might have an idea for you, but first lets recreate the event. So, you compressed Avatar using "BR2BR, Main Movie" Is it Folder or ISO? Correct.... Then what you did with it? Did you burn it? How you confirmed there are no subs?
                  No compression at 100% just a transfer to HD main movie only into an iso. Even done the same but full movie(all subs and audio e.t.c) Playback with powerdvd 10 unless i turn on subs i get the subs through out the movie.

Comment

So, you never played it on stand-along player, correct?

No compression at 100% just a transfer to HD main movie only into an iso. Even done the same but full movie(all subs and audio e.t.c) Playback with powerdvd 10 unless i turn on subs i get the subs through out the movie.
                    sigpic

Comment

So, you never played it on stand-along player, correct?
                      No i have no blu-ray player only in my media PC. I have an Xtreamer media player which i use but that also will not playback the subs when in navi language in avatar just english subs all through the movie.

Comment

That's what I thought. For a minute I thought we do have a problem, but we are not... just a speed bump.

The issue is that Avatar was mastered with forced subs format that software players can't see, only stand-along can. So, if you would burn it on a blank and play in stand-along, you would see it. You can fix it by adding subs in recognizable format and remux the movie. If you want to do it, pls let me know, also I want to know what release do you have (should be RED_BIRD.... something)
                        Last edited by IPopov50; 05-13-2010, 09:06 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I've also been having problems getting the forced subtitles out of dvdfab when using 'blu ray to blu ray' in 'main movie' mode.

I believe there is a problem with dvdfab. Here is what i have found:

1. If I use 'full disc' mode to rip avatar, district 9 or 2012 to the hard drive, and then play the movie with TMT3 on my HTPC, the foced subs show just fine. So the issue cannot be as simple as 'software players cannot play forced subs'
                          2. If I use 'main movie' mode to rip to the hdd, when I play the movie in TMT3, the forced subs do not appear. This is irrespective of whether I chose all, none or some of the subtitle tracks, or whether I set the 'blue triangle' for the default or not. There is no option in 'blu ray to blu ray' for 'forced subtitles' as there is in 'blu ray to mobile'
                          3. If I open my DVDFAB-ripped 'full disc' in tsmuxer and open the main playlist file, tsmuxer can see the forced subtitles; in fact, I can then get tsmuxer to extract only the main movie, remove HD audio and all subtitle tracks but keep the forced subtitles. TMT3 plays the output from TSMuxer with no problem complete with forced subtitles.
                          4. If I open my DVDFAB-ripped 'main movie' in tsmuxer, there is no evidence of a forced subtitles track.

I like having my blu-rays on the HDD to save getting the physical media out of the box every time. But to save space (but not recode), I want to rip only the main movie and remove the HD audio (if really I want the extra features I'll get the disk off the shelf). It also facilitates multi-room viewing with extenders etc.

But to have to rip first with DVDFAB then re-mux with tsmuxer is kind of making the process a lot more painful and defeating the idea of having one piece of software do the job with a couple of clicks.

It seems others are having these issues but no-one has put up their hand to say there is a problem in dvdfab. I believe there is as the output from a 'main movie' rip contains no evidence of forced subs no matter what options are chosen.

Comment

gufferuk,
                            Why would you post such a misleading information and confusing other members. Lets go one by one:

1. If I use 'full disc' mode to rip avatar, district 9 or 2012 to the hard drive, and then play the movie with TMT3 on my HTPC, the foced subs show just fine. So the issue cannot be as simple as 'software players cannot play forced subs'

I'm not talking District 9 here or 2012 - Avatar only. Please do not contaminate the topic.

2. If I use 'main movie' mode to rip to the hdd, when I play the movie in TMT3, the forced subs do not appear. This is irrespective of whether I chose all, none or some of the subtitle tracks, or whether I set the 'blue triangle' for the default or not. There is no option in 'blu ray to blu ray' for 'forced subtitles' as there is in 'blu ray to mobile'

That's correct, you can't choose forced subs here - they are not shown !!!! You can only see PGS, which are normal subs that goes throughout the movie. Forced subs just blindly copied. They are there, only attributes are gone.

3. If I open my DVDFAB-ripped 'full disc' in tsmuxer and open the main playlist file, tsmuxer can see the forced subtitles; in fact, I can then get tsmuxer to extract only the main movie, remove HD audio and all subtitle tracks but keep the forced subtitles. TMT3 plays the output from TSMuxer with no problem complete with forced subtitles.

No! You can't see them in tsMuxer!!! tsMuxed doesn't recognized them either. You can only see PGS.... again. tsMuxer can't see ANSI format, and not showing forced subs that are interleaved into a video stream!!! Show me a screenshot to prove otherwise. And yes, your TMT3 will see them in output of tsMuxer because they are interleaved with video m2ts!!!!

4. If I open my DVDFAB-ripped 'main movie' in tsmuxer, there is no evidence of a forced subtitles track.

Yes, correct, because they are interleaved with video stream!!!!

Software players however, can't see ANSI, but if you add these subs in PGS format into tsMuxer and re-mux to blu-ray, anything would see them. Biggest problem however is to have them in mobile files. And there is another "surprise" awaiting - those subs are in Papyrus font, which not all computers have. And if you don't have it - you can't re-size it...

Originally posted by gufferuk View Post
                            I've also been having problems getting the forced subtitles out of dvdfab when using 'blu ray to blu ray' in 'main movie' mode.

I believe there is a problem with dvdfab. Here is what i have found:

I like having my blu-rays on the HDD to save getting the physical media out of the box every time. But to save space (but not recode), I want to rip only the main movie and remove the HD audio (if really I want the extra features I'll get the disk off the shelf). It also facilitates multi-room viewing with extenders etc.

But to have to rip first with DVDFAB then re-mux with tsmuxer is kind of making the process a lot more painful and defeating the idea of having one piece of software do the job with a couple of clicks.

It seems others are having these issues but no-one has put up their hand to say there is a problem in dvdfab. I believe there is as the output from a 'main movie' rip contains no evidence of forced subs no matter what options are chosen.
                            Last edited by Guest; 05-14-2010, 01:18 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

ipopov50, you are infering that I am deliberately posting misleading information. This was my first post, I am trying to help get to the bottom of the issue, and I am dissapointed to be welcomed by the tone of your response.

I will attempt to capture some screen shots over the weekend from Tsmuxer to demonstrate my point about using it.

However, can you please explain how TMT3 can display the forced subtitles for avatar when the BR is ripped in 'full disc' mode?

Comment

Working...
                              X