This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
    That's what I thought. For a minute I thought we do have a problem, but we are not... just a speed bump.

The issue is that Avatar was mastered with forced subs format that software players can't see, only stand-along can. So, if you would burn it on a blank and play in stand-along, you would see it. You can fix it by adding subs in recognizable format and remux the movie. If you want to do it, pls let me know, also I want to know what release do you have (should be RED_BIRD.... something)
    Thanks for your response.
    I am currently at work but i am from the uk and quite sure the avatar label is RED_BIRD_2D_WW (UK, Ireland) . Could you please explain how you remux it i have no idea about this tsmuxer software. Thanks in advance.

Comment

ok, i made a mistake on the tool - it's [other software] and not tsmuxer to which i was referring.

[instructions removed]
      Last edited by Complication; 05-14-2010, 01:43 PM. Reason: removed non-allowed software references

Comment

Please Note: This forum is the for the discussion of DVDFab software.

Comment

Simple question(s); is there a fix in the works to get forced subtitles to work in BR to BR - Main Movie? Or, is there something many of us are doing wrong such that we don't get them displayed when playing back main movie?
          I, nor other posters have been able to play back a Main Movie rip that has forced subs (like Avatar and 2012) and see the forced subs on either the computer playback nor on the BD player (in my case a PS3).
          Would appreciate a crisp response with facts here, and not some irrelevant gibrish that has nothing to do with the issue that many of us are having. If anyone knows step-by-step how to make it work, we would greatly appreciate that post.
          Thank you.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

Simple answer is yes, there's a fix to get forced subtitles to work in BR to BR - Main Movie. Everything else is irrelevant gibrish, that you wouldn't understand.

@gadget man
            Look in your PM for instructions for the fix.
            Last edited by IPopov50; 05-14-2010, 03:29 PM.
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Excellent, thank you!

Simple answer is yes, there's a fix to get forced subtitles to work in BR to BR - Main Movie.
              How do you know this?

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

thanks for the instructions but i do not want blu-ray to mobile. Yes i can see an option for forced subs only but that does not appear in the blu-ray to blu-ray option. We seem to be going around in circles here can the developer just say can not do this at the moment. This was mentioned early in the thread that yes if you do full disc tmt3 plays back the subs correctly.

Comment

Did you look in your PM?
                  sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Did you look in your PM?
                    just checked now will look into it thanks.

Comment

How about sharing with the rest of us? What on earth is the big secret? I have done both Kill Bill's that are no good because of this issue. Probably I few other backups I haven't watched yet.

Comment

Leeb18509
                        No it's not a secret, but requires a basic understanding of what is happening. Every time I trying to explain and leading to solution, some "smarty pants" that "being everywhere, seeing it all" jumping into conversation with complaints and/or opinion and dragging everybody into fruitless discussion. So, I gave up and offering solution to those who wants it and willing to make steps to fix it. BTW, here we're talking about Avatar only.

I will, however try again to explain what root of the problem is. There are two major reasons why forced subtitles aren't displayed properly. I emphasize the point that sub are there, they were copied by DVDFab - they just wasn't displayed properly:
                        First reason is a format. In case of Avatar, subs are in ANSI format, which software players can't process right.
                        Second reason - incorrect resizing or lack of resizing. In this case, subs are still there, but way larger than size of a screen - you can't see them because they're outside of a screen.
                        These two reasons often associated with each other. There are, rare exemptions, when (in Avatar case) proper font were installed on a computer and DVDFab in some mysterious way picked it up and resized properly - this happened to me.
                        Again, I have no idea what problem with 2012 is - I didn't even see the movie - but it got to be one of the same problems (or both).

Originally posted by Leeb18509 View Post
                        How about sharing with the rest of us? What on earth is the big secret? I have done both Kill Bill's that are no good because of this issue. Probably I few other backups I haven't watched yet.
                        sigpic

Comment

i must be missing something because this still does not explain why tmt3 can display the subtitles when the rip is 'full movie' and not when the rip is 'main movie'.

my previous post attempted to demonstrate that other software could rip the main movie and keep the forced subtitles that tmt3 ccould play, but it was censored. hmm.

Comment

I can't get TMT3 to display forced subtitles in Avatar or 2012 when I do a complete movie copy. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by gufferuk View Post
                              my previous post attempted to demonstrate that other software could rip the main movie and keep the forced subtitles that tmt3 ccould play, but it was censored. hmm.
                              This is not a discussion area for other software, good or bad.

Comment

Leeb18509
                                No it's not a secret, but requires a basic understanding of what is happening. Every time I trying to explain and leading to solution, some "smarty pants" that "being everywhere, seeing it all" jumping into conversation with complaints and/or opinion and dragging everybody into fruitless discussion. So, I gave up and offering solution to those who wants it and willing to make steps to fix it. BTW, here we're talking about Avatar only.

I will, however try again to explain what root of the problem is. There are two major reasons why forced subtitles aren't displayed properly. I emphasize the point that sub are there, they were copied by DVDFab - they just wasn't displayed properly:
                                First reason is a format. In case of Avatar, subs are in ANSI format, which software players can't process right.
                                Second reason - incorrect resizing or lack of resizing. In this case, subs are still there, but way larger than size of a screen - you can't see them because they're outside of a screen.
                                These two reasons often associated with each other. There are, rare exemptions, when (in Avatar case) proper font were installed on a computer and DVDFab in some mysterious way picked it up and resized properly - this happened to me.
                                Again, I have no idea what problem with 2012 is - I didn't even see the movie - but it got to be one of the same problems (or both).

Alright, let's cut out all the bullshit and get down to it. This isn't a forum for "DVDShrink" I.E. it's not free software. We paid for it, at least $60US minimum. I, and others expect that something we paid for WORKS. Since I don't speak Mandarain Chinese, or Arabic I need those silly forced subtitles to show up on the screen when I watch a movie. This isn't an option.

I can personally verify that if you rip Ironman as a "Full Disc" (BLU-RAY TO BLU-RAY) you will get the forced subtitles proplerly in the movie.

BUT, if you rip Ironman in "Main Movie" mode you WILL NOT. So explain to us how this isn't a fault of DVDFAB? The One click software solution for backing up Blu-ray movies that we all paid for? I don't give a crap about Avatar or the latest Blu-ray to hit the stores, I'm talking about movies that have been out for years. Kill Bill is the same way. No subtitles when needed. So how is this not a fault in the DVDFab software? And when will it be acknowledged and fixed?

I'm referring to discs burnt on my PC with IMGBurn and played on a Pioneer BDP-320. I need to compress my backups to 25GB like 99.9% of us do. DVDFab Main movie mode should be all you need to do but it's broken and I'm waiting for somebody to tell me it's fixed.

Why isn't this basic feature working in this software, and when will it be?

Comment

Working...
                                X